RIP George Carlin...

A true innovator in comedy and American satire...

Re: RIP George Carlin...

i just heard so sad

He was a wonderfull man, and a great comedian and will truely be missed by all.

lame how'd it happen?

Cleats Onionpockets /

Heart failure, last night. Heard it on NPR on the way to work today.

"Piss, shit, fuck, cunt, motherfucker, cocksucker, and tits" I'll miss you George Carlin, sigh... "and tits isn't even a bad word" He not only made me laugh but made me challenge my own beliefs. He also gave seven wonderful words for "muffler burn"

toe fur threadkiller /

Mr. Conductor will be missed by everyone who remembers "Shining Times Station."

so, me.

RIP George Carlin...

Man this sucks!I loved that bastard.I'm going to make me a George Carlin shirt and yell at everyone that doesn't know him today and all week.

i was just about to make a post about this. fuckin A! i read all his books, watched his standup... damn he was funny.

"rat shit, bat shit, dirty old twat, 69 assholes tied in a knot! Hoooray! lizard shit! FUCK!"

The lost of a voice of reason and humor . In a land a of chaos and confusion .

" The more complected your order is at star bucks, the big the asshole you are"

Yeah, he will be missed. He made a profound impact on me concerning religion, well my lack of it.

I heard Carlin had a Yamaha QT-50......So rad!

A true genius. He'll be greatly missed.

I enjoyed his work since a small child, now old enough to worry about keeling over myself.

Laughing at an enjoying his work over my entire cognizant

life.

John Gregg

i wonder what he had to say to st. peter

it was probably funny.

haha seriously

rip George.

god got tired of his shit.

He was a funny man

that picture reminds me of brandon eliason.

R.I.P. George, always brings back memories of watching his standup for the first time with my first gf.

He got his start as the Hippy Dippy Weather man on Rowan and Martins Laugh in

Carlin was always too much for the squareheads in "AmeriDUH".

I never saw his routine with the 7 word you couldnt say on television what were they I have some nosy biblethumping asshole next to where I work on my moped and I'd like to say them at the top of my lungs so the jackass heres it.

Thomas will miss you!!!

"Piss, shit, fuck, cunt, motherfucker, cocksucker, and tits"

But he added to it in a later routine and finished up his show with a list about 10 ft long. Memorize that and you'll conjure up all of Hell's demons, which should have your neighbor runnning around in circles.

Actually, one of Carlin's cleanest jokes is the one I will remember the most, especially when i look at my dogs.

"What does a dog do on his day off? He can't sleep, that's his job!"

Of course you have to see George's facial expressions to really enjoy it. Bugeyed expression of discovery. Kinda like a lightbulb over a crazy man.

I knew I should have gone and seen him when he came to Northhampton a month or two ago, oh well.

He revolutionized the way stand up comedy is done today. He's made me think and laugh my entire life.

i remember that long updated list. it was a riot. he was one of the few comedians that ever made me truly fear i'd pee myself laughing

:(

This saturday SNL will be running the very first episode (in which Carlin was the host)...

The world will not be the same

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account