Glass and Chrome Fuel Filter?

Has anyone tried the Glass and Chrome Fuel Filter from 1977mopeds? Does it work as good as the disposable ones?

http://www.1977mopeds.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=380

Re: Glass and Chrome Fuel Filter?

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

i use one. works fine

just seems kinda pricy, and more delicate.

looks nicer i guess?

~SABAT!

I run one and really like it. It allows me to see when the filter is getting clogged with stuff and impeding flow. At that point, I take it off, take it apart and clean the filter element, put it back together and reinstall it.

Yea its nice in that it can be easily cleaned unlike those cheaper ones. Doesn't really seem delicate to me. It does look cooler as well. I don't really have any rust in my tank I just have it on my ped as a precaution, so I can't say for sure whether its effective or not. But I will tell you this, those $3 ones they sell are not that effective, once they start to get clogged the fine rust gets through and then what is the point of it?

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Well it's plastic instead of glass, and some sort of metal that isn't chrome...but yeah, it works well. And it's nice that you can clean it.

The glass is thick pyrex type stuff, and it has rubber washers inside the top and bottom chrome pieces to seal it. I don't worry about mine breaking.

« Go to Topic — end of thread