another mopeder killed

Another tragic accident claimed the life of a person driving a moped. read it here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7467037.stm

Re: another mopeder killed

my god another, thing is it shows that car drivers are responsble for the accidents happening, sorry to hear.

-Samz

Hmm the story is not very detailed. I'd be curious to know how it happened. because 2 kids were involved. but it seems no car. so they may have collided. it could also have been a scooter. more then not they will call a scooter a moped. and I think even more common in that area. its really a shame though. were going to start seeing a lot more of these news articles pop up. because with the whole "gas crisis" thing. moped/scooter news stories are all over the place. and more people are going to start buying them. so pretty soon that crazy bitch who is cutting you off in a Yukon XXXXXXL will be cutting someone else off in a scooter 1 year later. very scary to think of.

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

i clicked on this thinking it was another one of the forum members who had died...

i can think of several times I and mopeders i know have come really close to death including being struck by a car b4 and totaling my bike... mopeds can be very very dangerous if you ride them regularly.

I feel alot safer when riding motorcycles.

Northern Ireland,who cares.

i would feel a lot safer with a louder bike cuz no one can see me :( only had people not see me like 10 times still scary though

I care.

grow the fuck up dude.

My orange safety triangle

TT (Traveller Targ) /

I added an orange safety triangle, refector, 16" sides, to the back of my moped, backed the triangle with a rectangular piece of flashy white waterproofed cardboard. Traffic pulls wider around me now. I think mopeds are safer than motorcycles for many reasons, mostly speed.

What the hell's the matter with you?

Re: My orange safety triangle

Wow there seems to be an asshole among us that doesn't care that another mopeder like him got struck and killed,Sure It wasn't anybody from this forum but It was still somebody driving a moped. I knew somebody who talked and thought like that a long time ago but he has since turned over a new leaf and changed his ways and ways of thikning about life. Pssst. Joker where's private Pyle? LOLOL

just took the msf class in cali. according to them, statistically scooters are more dangerous to ride than motos. i would put mopeds in the same class. smaller, harder to see, slower (unable to avoid danger), worse brakes (same as last), and generally, newer riders. i, along with elliot, feel safer on my bike.

It doesn't matter if its a motorcycle or moped they both can kill your ass quicker then hell if you get into an accident.

zack i hope you get run over, then we will say ah fuck it its just zack who cares!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account