My New Moped

Hey All

After a year and half of tinkering with classic/ vintage mopeds. I broke down and buy a new Tomos. In my garage is sitting a band new Streetmate R in blue. Still has the new moped smell and less then 25 miles on the time(I got it with 4 miles).

Funny thing about it. I rode it from the moped shop to my friends place about 15 miles. In that 15 miles is the closed I come to getting hit by some jerk in a SUV. He wouldn't move over a little when he passed me. ( two lane road way no traffic) the asshole ever looked in his rear view to check if I was still on the road.

Re: My New Moped

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

suv's give people the power to be ass's didnt you know that? thats why they pay so much

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

oh yea and how about a COP chose to pass me then slam on his brakes in front of me then just drive away?

the drifter /

yes only drawback about mopeds is that your at the mercy of bad drivers, i cringe ever time i see an asian female drive by.

i just cringe when some one almost hits me i don't care what they drive i just know i am smaller and will lose

The thing about it. You try to be more ecco friend and conserve gas, but there are those throw back knuckle draggers . who need to prove big they are. " So, my ride get 18 mpg, But look how big it is and how safe I'M ".

I usually try to take up the whole lane if I feel I'm in a situation where it would be unsafe for a car to pass me, or for me to pull over and let them by. Blind corners, hills you can't see oncoming cars on, things like that.

toe fur threadkiller /

i take up the whole lane anyway.

i cringe every time i see a cop, suv, or convertible. those are the ones that fuck with me the most.

I ride stock mopeds to the far right or in the bicycle lane if there is one, although I doubt I could get away with that on a Streetmate R. My new Sprint keeps up with 45 mph traffic, so I ride it in the middle of the lane. The fact is, most people hate mopeds, and that's just the way it is, you just have to deal with it if you choose to ride one. These ridiculous gas prices have to get at least SOME of these huge SUVs off the road EVENTUALLY. Peace. Jerry.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account