HIW DO I MIX THE GAS?

i just bought a 1980 sachs prima, my first moped. i was just wondering how to mix the gas, like with what oil and how much? i just want to make sure i know what im doing. thanks

Re: HIW DO I MIX THE GAS?

the drifter /

http://www.myronsmoped.com/content/FAQ/FAQ.html

-read the part about oil. motul oil is considered the best but i just use fully synthetic 2 stroke oil that i found locally.

thanks

Read the instructions on the oil container .. it will probably say 50:1, and that is pretty much standard. Some people do 40:1 but it's totally unnecessary and can clog your carburetor, spark plug electrodes, exhaust port, and muffler, as well as making blue smoke. I've switched to synthetic oil because it is said to burn cleaner.

I run 40:1 in everything ,3.25oz to a gallon. Never had a plug foul hardly ever see smoke runs good. Motobecanes call for 32:1. If its not kitted brand name non-synthetic is fine, for kits go full synthetic.

toe fur threadkiller /

i take a shot of 2-stroke, chase with a quart of gasoline, then pee into my tank.

not really.

i run 40:1 dino in my bikes.

when i get the kitted e50 on my pinto it'll be synthetic.

make sure to blend in a blender before putting into your tank

I just pump in a gallon of gas, pour in the oil from a little bottle I carry under the seat, slosh the tank, and away I go! Top tanks maybe mix a little easier than in-the-frame tanks.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account