Cimatti city bike

I was thinking of buying one of these, 1978, And i was wondering what kind of speeds I could expect and if there was any performance parts I could buy to speed it up?

Thanks

Re: Cimatti city bike

If it has the Minarelli v1. It's a great bike with alot of performance updates except exhaust! But one from a puch can be made to fit. I has a safari with the same engine(75 cc kit) and has lots of power to clime hills

in totally stock trim with everything in 100% working order expect a SOLID 30mph out of it. with a little work to it, even with the stock carb and exhaust still expect 30mph, but more torque. the limiter on the V1 is the exhaust and carb. a good exhaust and a 14-16mm carb will get you well past 30.

the 75cc polini kit is a great part, well made, that will get you into the 40's no problem.

Cimattis can be pretty slow stock, especially if it is the 20 mph version. 8mm intake restrictor, restrictive pancake exhaust, and 9 tooth front sprocket. We got one running a good 33 mph, by changing all that stuff. But there are plenty of performance parts for it.

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

I had a 75 citibike. It was pretty fun, but its a pretty goofy moped. Its really small, though nimble. Mine did like 28-30, then I put on a better air filter and pulled the silencer from the exhaust and it did like 32-35. There are plenty of performance options out there to go fast, but I don't think I'd want to go much faster on one.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account