Moped Alarm

This is a cool alarm that I use at home, I'm thinking it can be mounted on a moped with velcro for easy access. It works like a car alarm, it senses motion if your inside your house.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2850623&cp=2032060.2032330.2032345&parentPage=family

Re: Moped Alarm

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

it senses the magnet, but you could mount it to the inside of your forks and the magnet to the frame i was thinking about doing it myself. i almost just had my peds stolen

I just got back from Radio Shack, I'm going to install it today ;)

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

yea e-mail me or somthing and let me know how it goes im realy interested.

Tell me how it works

I'm kind of interested

Hi,it's 4"x2" in size. I'm going to mount the alarm on the moped in a place where I can hide it from sight. Then you place the magnet no more than 1/2 an inch from the alarm box sensor. Turn it on with the key and now it will be safe from thieves.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

where are you gona put it?

Yes, no theif will dare ride off with your bike because that alarm will sound just like the horn is stuck on. As we all know a moped theif has a highly refined sense of hearing and cannot tolerate high pitched noises!

As for hiding the alarm and sticikng it on with double sided carpet tape... yup that will foil the theif who just cut your 1/2" hardened chain. Also he/she will not be able to find a 4" box which is wailing like a banshee!

IMHO, Terry

As soon as the alarm goes off you respond with a call to 911, it's a little piece of mind. Our cops respond in two seconds in this area.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

you also have to think if it didn't already sppok him you also have to shut the thing off

There ya go, I'll attach it to the chains. It's a motion detector alarm. I just need a warning signal that someone is touching my mopeds,and let the cops do the rest.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

tats why you should put it on the forks caused they move easy to break the beam, and depending on the size of it you could probably screw or glue on a thing to put the chain through

Yeah, sweet! plus I live above all kinds of stores and they are all aware of my mopeds. They can alert the cops too. I gave up on leaving the Bats at the train station all together after GregPC had his Bat stolen.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

yea bunch of guys broke in my garage broke two of my locks and only had one more to go but they just took a normal bike instead, but good luck send a pic when you get it set up

If you've got a newer moped with a front disk brake (Tomos Streetmate, Revival, etc.) this might be the answer.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/74/2723/ITEM/Xena-Disc-Lock-w-Alarm.aspx?SiteId=GBase-Xena-Disc-Lock-w-Alarm&WT.mc_ID=12001&WT.mc_ev=click

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account