I FINALLY GOT A MAGNUM!

So, today was pretty much amazing. The day started out with me traveling to a "junkyard", not a public yard listed in the phone book, but a an older man's "collection" of cars. It turned out to be the most epic salvage yard I have ever, and probably ever will visit. It was a hilly forest filled with about 300-400 old cars. 99% of them where older than 1975, most being 1930's-1970's american cars. There were also an amazing amount of muscle cars in the mix. I stayed for about 5 hours and got a extremely good deal on some parts for my 1959 chevy wagon. So after a long drive home, I settle in and my freind Alex comes over and I go over to his garage... where a moped -shaped thing sits under an old tarp. Alex then unvailes a 1980 brown Magnum. Keep in mind I have been looking for a Magnum for over a year now. Alex informes me that whike I was at the salvage yard he picked up the Magnum four miles away from where we live for $50.

Alex lets me buy it off him for the $50 and we haul the carcass to my house to inspect.....

Re: I FINALLY GOT A MAGNUM!

well done! thats a super lucky find, the brown ones are hard to come by, they are my favorite. i like em better than the LTDs. whats the condition like?

Almost all the missing parts came with it the bike in a plastic red bin.

Oh man, what a score! I'm a noob, having just recently gotten my first ped......A mint as shit Batavus VA, it's violet! Obviously the progression of things to come was me discovering MA and becoming completely obsessed. Much to my dismay, I found out that there is not much I can do to my Batavus Va to make it faster, it's cool though, the thing is so sweet that I wouldn't even want to fuck with it anyway, you know? However, after looking at every picture of every moped on this whole god damn website (literally) I realized I needed a magnum, not just any magnum though, a project magnum. Something that I could really work on and learn the machine, get it up and running then kit the fuck out of it! I'm really happy for you man. P.S The brown ones are so dope!

I also found this at the junkyard.....

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

nice score dude! Hows the motor on there? Lots of good parts:: forks, 5 stars, etc. So sick.

sir thaddeusforemen /

God has rewarded you for waiting soo ever patiently. Nice find. FTW

The color you have is called Sienna (brown) by Puch!

I have the exact year 1980 and color Magnum MKII

AWESOME moped!

CONGRATS Avery! I'm happy for you. I'm pickin up my new ped tomorrow, we should wrench this week.

wow. Hella find dude.

congrats.

oh didn't you hear, magnums aren't cool anymore. they're so last year. everyone's into garelli supersports now.

unfortunately Magnums will always be cool!! super score dude!!

magnums suck some one should give me one cause they need to get rid of it

congrats! That's exciting.

I finally got one yesterday also.

ohio is pretty much a goldmine for undiscovered mopeds. new jersey used to be, but its pretty much dried up these days.

agreed. Ohio is what's up. I got a 78 A3 bullet today with 514 miles for $300. yay!

one of my boys got a complete brown magnum just like that for free, i fixed it for him and begged him if i could have it or buy it and he wouldnt .it just needed a carb clean,petcock clean, and air cleaner was clogged

Taylor was that you on high and Henderson today?

nope, not today but I'll be riding that area soon.

Looks like the start of an obsession to me nice find.

▣ß@ηℊℙℐṔ∃▣ ™ /

just got mine too

1214195788_puch_moped_army.jpg

Jake Shaughnessy /

thats where it belongs

Thanks for the support and encouraging comments everyone!I can't wait till it's roadworthy, I'm really excited!

Taylor, I'd like to wrench this week. I get off work at around 4:00 pm weekdays. What's a good time for you?

« Go to Topic — end of thread