Honda Express- opinions? Any good?

Larry Picarello /

Are they any good?

Re: Honda Express- opinions? Any good?

Well they are ugly as shit, but I think mechanically they are decent.

Leon Swarmer /

weight limit of 185 for the nc50's.

Spring starts can be an issue, but otherwise they are near bullettproof. Oh yea, carbs have to be verry clean.

lightweight bikes, just a little light in the front end.

Carbs need to be very very clean, and the starter springs break sometimes, but you can change them to kick-start if this happens. The are not good candidates for speed, as the frame isnt built to handle lots of load.

That said, they are absurdly reliable bikes and are great for transportation.

I have a honda urban epress and I love it goes 35 stock but only 9 mpg the personi bought it from ran it without an air filer for 1000 miles ad i never claned the carband it runs great. The urban epress is heavy though

90 mpg no 9 duh

Pretty much as others say, good lightweight transpo, great in a tight urban environment. If you need to haul things and go some distance, a PA50 is the way.

I didn't know why scooters were called "scooters" for the longest time. I mean, aren't scooters those two-wheeled skateboards with handlebars that you use when you're a kid?

Then, I rode my Express up the hill near the fire station. Left foot down - scoot, scoot, scoot along the pavement to get up the hill.

My Express is too reliable. You find yourself wanting to fix things that aren't broken.

most reliable bikes in the world. oh, and i rode an urban express for the first time the other day. i hated those things since day one, but after riding one, I WANT ONE SO BAD.

any honda is gonna be a good bike. expresses will last forever if treated right. plus you can still get most of the parts from your local honda dealer.

Larry Picarello /

One went last night on Ebay for $1600+!!!

It was a new 1982 Urban Express in the shipping crate.

Dave Peterson /

My spring broke, how do you do the kick start conversion?

Skipjaz

They are typical Honda fit and finish. I sat on one, but didn't ride it. I'm glad I didn't buy it, didn't realize the weight limit was so low. They are small, they look and feel much smaller and lighter than an average moped. I've heard mostly good things about them, which is why I was looking at one. Would have to be registered as a motorcycle in AZ. Peace. Jerry.

LAZERSWAG FAG Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have a honda urban epress and I love it goes 35

> stock but only 9 mpg the personi bought it from

> ran it without an air filer for 1000 miles ad i

> never claned the carband it runs great. The urban

> epress is heavy though

^This

« Go to Topic — end of thread