So I'm going to check out a Garelli tomorrow morning, here's what i know:
- The guy selling it is 77 and used to ride it around town
- It's reportedly in excellent shape and has new tires
- It's been sitting for a few years since his grandkids bought him an electric scooter
- It's a Seventy-something, he's not sure the model or year
- It ran as of today, but needs a new headlight bulb
- He's asking $250 and has some concept of how valuable mopeds can be to the right buyer
Other than that, I have no knowledge of what it is. I also am a total newbie to the realm of Garelli.
Can I get a crash course in what to look for and how to value this thing? What models are sleepers/ what models are lemons? Are they known for having any certain flaws that I should check for? Basically I want to be informed because my wife doesn't exactly "get" mopeds, so if I buy a "walk away" I'll never hear the end of it.