worst ebay transaction ever

gee whiz, thanks for sending me my engine in a plain cardboard box with no padding whatsoever. and thanks for taking the jug off so that when the engine predicatbly shifted around due to poor packaging, it crushed all four engine studs. also, thanks for not even including the head, rendering the whole thing even more useless to me than it was before.

Re: worst ebay transaction ever

Holy crap Jay! That's nuts! I'd file a claim ASAP, negative feedback all the way. Was the seller local?

be hold the power of feedback!

Jake Shaughnessy /

that sucks

no. san diego. he states his return policy is merchandise credit only. but i better be getting my cash back fr this bullshit. i am waiting for him to respond, and giving the benefit of the doubt until i hear back, but still, im so pissed its unbelievable. this is one of the stupidest things ive ever encountered.

Wow, that's really bad. I'd wait only a bit longer and then file immediately, especially with PayPal - everything you can do...

God...it sucks when you ask for an engine and they send you a paper weight.

am i in the right here demanding cash, rather than merchandise credit? its not like i accidentally ordered the wrong thing, or just dont like the item. its broken because the guy sent it like a moron, and then didnt even send the whole fucking thing.

Ask for your money back and shipping fees too. Make a claim that's disgusting. Don't take it laying down, fight it. Nobody should have to pay for garbage like this. Stop payments.

hi ________ -

i finally got the engine, but im afraid there are serious problems. first, since you sent it without any packing material, and with the jug off the engine, the weight of it shifting around in the box completely bent all four engine studs (to varying degrees of severity) rendering them all unusable. this is bad for me, as the engine studs are one of the main reason i bought this. they strip out very easily, so i needed extras. they are basically impossible to find, and the only place that sells them - mopedjunkyard.com - charges $10 per stud.

ADDITIONALLY, you failed to send me the head, which was included in the item description. im sure this is all a misunderstanding, but i certainly would not have bid on this item had i known it would arrive incomplete and seriously damaged.

as such, i would like to get a full refund for this item. i have included links to some photos of the damage.

thanks,

yeah, you're definitely right...that's beyond 'not as advertised' - that's plain negligence shipping an item pretty much destined to get destroyed on the way.

who was the seller? if I may ask. So, the rest of us can beware of his.

i want to wait to see if this dispute is solved amicably if/before divulging any names. its probably not too hard to find with a little research, though.

If you paid with PayPal file a dispute immediately!

That carries the most weight...

They will open a ticket and return your money... eBay sellers need to be on good terms with PayPalas thats how 99% of deals are transacted

I had to do this last week and the seller returned the money to my account in 1 day!

That totally sucks man. Good luck getting your money back I hate bullshit like that. It's not like old newspaper cost anything.

was that the complete motor on ebay?

jay, I can make engine studs for the m48. $20 shipped for a set of four.

quatto -

i can actually make them too - just waiting for my friend to bring me the steel stock, so i can machine them, its kind of a bit of trouble, but whatever. still doesnt make this suck any less though!

thanks for the offer!

puch ones work im prety sure and if they are to long then just get a tap and tap em

i use quarter inch steel rod and just turn them down to 6mm at the ends... i like to imagine that the thicker studs reduce vibration or are in some other way superior to the skinny little stock ones...

i dont have a lathe, but my friend works in a machine shop, so he can get me the right rod. theyre so easily stripped, its infuriating.

Is this the same package?

I nearly stripped one of the holes out last month... had I actually done that, I probably would have bitten my own thumb off in rage.

no respone in 24 hours. will escalate from a paypal dispute to file a claim if i dont hear back by tomorrow. mopeds have not been going my way in the past three days.

file the claim now. If you don't do it fast paypal will pull some BS

File the claim ASAP

PayPal will notify the seller!

Holy shit

claim been filed for the full purchase price plus shipping. i still cant believe how dumb this is.

transaction resolved amicably. i got back the entire purchase price minus shipping, but kept the parts. so basically i got an extra jug, bottom end, and flywheel for $20. not what i wanted, but in the end, its worth $20.

Glad to hear you got it straightened out.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account