junkmen are douche bags

Is ignorance and stupidity a requirement for a career path in salvage...

I'm at my wits end trying to get this guy to sell me a motor...but he seems to have some aversion to making money.

Re: junkmen are douche bags

"I gotta luuk it up on ebay furst"

No...That would make sense.

This guy doesn't want to sell it because it's locked up....I DON"T CARE!

Moped Motor or bigger?

Scrap metal might be worth more than you want to pay

Only the baddest motor in all of moped-dum...

he herd that one guy got sued cause some motor he sold blew a guys junk off

Just put your cash on the table and then take the motor. That or steal it. It's really easy to break into a junk yard.

Yeah...that might work if I had a Cessna as a get away vehicle.

The junkmen often beat me to stuff because I pretty much quit looking once the light goes. People throw things out to the curb late at night, and the junkmen come around before the trashmen do.

Then, I come by like an hour later and see their ratty trucks fading off into the sunrise. Bastards!

Bukwheat, are you just dropping in to the metal yards to look for scavenged items, or are you at a legitimate motorcycle scrapyard?

foraging through old junk yards is second only to burying the puppy!

No this cat is a few states away otherwise it might be an easier task. Problem is these don't grow on trees and if you absolutely have to have one it'll cost you close to a grand once shipped from the Deutschland.

Is this Junkyard an island. Ill bet you are thin and can run fairly fast.

Steal it at 4:15 A.M. It was always the time the KGB kicked in doors, they found that nobody expects anything at 4:15.

You've got the thin part right

Ill be easy. Home Depot sells super cheap bolt cutters. Wear Dark clothing. Cut that pathetic Master lock on that ratty chain link fence. Then go in through the window, its always the easiest route.

Stay calm don't worry about alarms or anything else. It's almost never the committing that's hard. It's just going up and doing it. Five minutes max.

just in case wear two shirts two pair dark basketball shorts two pair underpants and two pair socks. Strip one pair off if you hear a cop coming. Plus

You have to wear something while you wash one pair in that little sink you'll find in county lockup

You left out this guy...

hey im a junkman and im not a douche bag

objectively, moped jay, think objectively.

mopedjay send him a motor and everyone wins.

Oh and remember harvey Kietel in resivor Dogs.

People will tell you they dress up in ladies underwear if you blow a fucking pinky off.

Just saying.

Hmm, what are his vices? A case of natty ice?

If Jay had one of those I'd kiss his white ass...

if i had one it wouldnt be sittin somewhere locked up it be fuckin running and id be riding it

Yo, buckwheat, do those 3&4 speed kits fit on the 2 speed automatic kriedlers? I think they have a different bolt pattern, but I have never touched or seen one.

No they don't...

Totally different and so much better design. You can still get repro Van Veen kits from Germany. Air or water cooled...

Edward Richardson /

Breaking into a salvage yard? Are you nuts? out here in God's Country we keep the yards safe with packs of dogs that would kick Cujo's ass . If you manage to stay alive until morning the owner might put you in the trunk of a car and crush it. Don't piss off people with car crushers or pig farms.

Larry Picarello /

Junkman and Trashman got my whole moped shops worth of NOS parts after I closed up shop. My grandfather threw everything out when I was out of town. When I asked why he did it he said- " I got sick of looking at that mopad stuff".

« Go to Topic — end of thread