Re: master BOSTON moped ride, vol. III

i call dibs on link!

No you don't Susan! I need one! You got two!

lol!

What time tonight???

I can't seem to find the time folks are meeting tonight.

Re: What time tonight???

6:30 - 7:00 Peter - Otherside Cafe

What time tonight

What time are meeting tonight?

Re: What time tonight

Be there or be square.

At the end of Newbury St?

Yep...see attached.

1214424844_otherside.jpg

Mopedjay and Sabat are probably leaving their houses or are on the road right now. Looooong ride!

I ran out of NGKs Puchs love Champions!

EPIC FAIL

wait, was there another epic fail aside from the one where i walked home for an hour and fifteen minutes?! I HOPE SO, and please share.

yep i failed i meet up with conor but my carb fell off every 5 minutes only to break it at the end i made it almost to north reading then i hacked it and headed north and made it to lawrence

i made my friend come get me

it seems the italian carb just doesnt like the french bike

the italians never liked the french anyways

jay, next time. NEXT TIME. and bones will get whipped into shape tomorrow because i MISS him.

I broke down in probably the absolute worst place to do so. I think it was Storrow Drive? I don't remember honestly cuz I was too busy frantically wrenching on my stupid bike to notice. I thought it was maybe just another carb issue, but it seems that the clutch is not engaging therefore, bikey no start. Took about 1 hour and 45 minutes for me to walk back to my place. El sucko grande! Thanks for the touch of death Susan! ;)

the delorto carb is the key as long as you can get it to stay on i put a 14.14 on it and it now pegs the speedo but now i have to down jet it cause its running way too rich with the air box on it

next step is a modified ada racing expansion chamber from a 50cc goped its almost done

next wednesday we will try this again

this time no caby no fallin offy its getting JB welded this time

andy, i'm so sorry. had the grande chosen to break down only a little later, i could have walked with you and we could have pretended like we meant to be pushing mopeds.

god i shouldn't have looked at it!

next week, get it ready so we can break down together!

at least you have an excuse your riding a jawa those are known for failure

oh and susan i will see you tomorrow at 6:30

Hey at least you guys weren't pulled over by the Weston police, it sucked. Thank god the dude was totally cool. Other than that the ride was bitchen. Thanks Josh

Yeah it was so col when I looked back and saw the blue lights and made a split second decision to hit the throttle and had my Steve Mcqeen Great Escape moment.... kept it at WOT and screwed outta there... ran 3red lights and made it into the next town! LOL... luckily it all turned out ok.... but I wasn't stickin around to find out!

we were lucky the weston police let us off. i gota register my bike and make sure the taillight works. im working on integrating m taillight into the rear faring and using leds. they use lower voltage and stay bright

yeah....that was pretty nutty...well, I must say nothing says panic like landing on a 45mph stretch on route 20 only to see the breakdown lane disappear! Glad to see we all got back safe though.

Sincere apologies to Peter! Hope you got home safe...

Andy, that was memorial drive, lucky us! You missed the off-roading I did to let everyone know you were broke down, but the bummer was not getting it running again. Freaking stinks that you had to walk all that way, but the good news is it didn't happen in Weston...that would've been miserable!

Susan, sorry you couldn't get that grande started - it would've been a very interesting ride - you would've had plenty of company though, as a good number of us are in the 30's now. So that aint bad for future rides!

For the parts that we weren't completely lost, the back roads along 95 were so freaking cool, if not a little scary and dark. Nice job Daniel picking that! Now if I could just break your kit in half so you can hang back and we'll be all set ;-)

Joe, nice to see you back in action - that freaking kit is more than nuts.

Jay T - Stinks that you broke down so far away...get yo ass down here for next week! Viva la carb!

Jay M, always a pleasure cruisin...still making it look good, no matter what the speed. Next week we may see your surprise?

Let's make next week awesome guys and gals! Get your rides prepped and tanks filled and we'll get things organized for longer rides.

note to those posting pics, let's make a separate thread for them... We can put not 56k safe if that helps anticipating load times for all the awesomeness that was this ride!

yeah i just bearly made it by conors house

i gut the moby running great now rode it today with no problems other than the rain made the belt slip

Dan, If I saw those red lights with you I would have been the one holding onto your luggage rack trying to catch a draft behind that Magnum.

LOL you know it bro :)

« Go to Topic — end of thread