Re: master BOSTON moped ride, vol. III

Fuckin Awesome! Thanks so much for the info Jay, again! I've just been alley way cruisin through malden for fear of the ham men. With my luck, I would end up gettin pulled. But for fucking sure, I'm gonna be hauling ass with my registered moped into the city Wed. night. THE VIOLET VIKING IS GOING TO BE LEGAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT WAIT TO RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i love VT i gut to take a ride up there this summer i have friends in burlington and my cousin in swanton wants me to go visit him but its a long fucking ride especially on a moped

phil, that part of vermont is my favorite, though there are some hills that my car actually had trouble climbing.

what the hell are you driving a yugo

looks like i gotta work wensday night.... sigh........ but mike got a new throttle cable, that was fast eh?

fuck does that mean i cant use the blue maxi sabat? my throttle wont be here for like a week.

I took ride up to Vermont 3 summers ago on my Magnum before it was kitted!

I went out to the west of Boston taking rte 110 paralell to rte 20 all the way to Lenox/Tanglewood and north on rte 7 up into the green mountains through Williamstown and Bennington... and on to Mancester and into Dorset.... where I stayed at the Dorset Inn the oldest Inn in the country... totally awesome!

This rte enabled me to skirt around NH a police state where I have a 20 year old outstanding warrant lol...

The hills do get steep at times but luckily my Magnum is a 2 speed and it downshifted into 1st gear....

It is a beautiful ride and I plan on doing it again this summer sometime in July!

The white marble quarries make awesome swimming holes and me and my moped were a big hit with he local kids...

Vermont is such a wholesome friendly welcoming place with awesome organic vibes everywhere

but sabat, who will they send back after me?!

i guess they will have to send me after you

but then again il probably be behind you anyways mopeds dont go fast with my fat ass on them

anyone coming to this ride have either

a) a TDC finding tool or

b) bing/dell'orto jets in the mid 60s range?

im still fiddling my my new carb, trying to get jetting right, but i also need to take a better look at timing, especially now that ive done a little porting.

lol we'll figure out something Susan...you can always give me a call and I'll carry my bluetooth headset in my helmet this time around

why dont we just all hold onto a rope like kindergarteners on a field trip? except the rope will be like a thousand feet long. could be a problem if the group gets split at a red light, but no one would get lost this time.

Jay, if we switch to the telephone cord type, it'll allow for a few more feet of stretch for longer red lights.

Hey, does anyone who's riding on Wednesday have a Champion L86, L85, L89CM

BoschW7AC

or

NGK B6HS that they want to let me have or purchase?

I have to order spark plugs now cuz they don't have any at autozone. I need a fresh one to do a plug chop.

i have a B6HS. if you want to just order me one that i can get later, so you can have one now, i can do that.

I just got a b6 from autozone yesterday. They had a whole range when i was there, at least b4-b8. I'm talking about the one on cambridge st, across the road from stingray tattoo. I can grab you one later and meet up if ya want.

I'm going to order a bunch of plugs this week, so anyone who hooks me up will get one back. Thanks guys, see ya wednesday!

I've emailed the original khZ members to let them know we're all meeting on a weekly basis...hopefully some of them will show?

i should be there wednesday on bones' twin

i am about to do a moped project, which means im probably about to break my moped. we'll see if i show up on wednesday.

yeah you will break it then its going to cost you more for me to fix it

all i have to do is not strip any studs, and i'll be ok.

crap, i actually dont have any unused spark plugs.

I just have one question Mopedjay, are we going to see that Husky engine duct taped into a moped frame???

Jay, how did the project go?

I'm curious too. And what did you do?

i shaved down one of my spare heads. sadly, didnt see much improvement. mostly i think because i dont have the right jets yet. i also need to do more porting.

anyhow, its ok. i have a super-secret, super nice moped being restored for me.

oooh...secret project!

Speaking of, Peter, you going to have your secret project unveiling tomorrow?

I was planning on it but I'm still sorting things out from last week and an unexpected and welcome guest showed up on Friday so it's been a bit crazy around here. I just picked up a fan for the Minarelli from Mopedjay yesterday so I have no excuse to slap it all together except for not having a plug and plug wire. If that isn't enough, my grandsons get out of school for the summer in about 15 minutes. Ugh!!!

Tomorrow looks bleak for me.

Jay.. I picked upa Champion L86 today if that helps I can bring it over....

Im going to Jo Ho's work later to get my ignition rewired

but I should be done by 7 or so...

I went to 3 autoparts stores today and no NGK Bosch or Champions till I found a couple of Champions in Somerville!

As soon as I get the money 'm gonna order a case of NGKs from sparkplugs.com!