Re: master BOSTON moped ride, vol. III

probably zip tied

but its locked up solid that cr250 engine looks more promising for something as it turns over but the shifter is stuck i dont know i figure out a use for them

im all set my moby is running great but i need a headlight only the bucket is there the rest is missing and of course the french cant make peds so the parts are compatable with other peds

but if nothing i can just duct tape one on for now

How many people are going I wonder?

Hey where are we meeting up 2moro? I finally sold the tomos and now im riding the mint 77 Maxi!

i'm going to try to make it. i might have broken tim's vespa. god i know i have the worst luck, it just died riding home on friday. i'm going to try to start it again tonight, see if something just got bumped.

otherwise, i might not be there.

BUT we need to have a halloween ride!!! i'm already making my costume. i am excited.

You're going to have to change your user name lol - Same place as always now on Wednesdays, the otherside cafe at the end of Newbury Street across mass ave. Can't miss it!

Oh and everyone - word from the local businesses, please don't rev in front of the shop/cafe, move it down the block before blasting your engines!

your going im going to bring that fuel valve tomorrow lets see if we can get bones going

what time will everybody be meeting up at other side

6:30 - 7:00 is the window!

my moped actually works! i ported a different cylander using a slightly different approach. still not super high high speed, but not bad.

and next week the red moby of my dreams will be all mine, so i will have TWO working mopeds.

attn: susan

in the future, when one of the 40 questionably functional mopeds you and tim have inevitably breaks, i will have an extra.

in the future, when one of the 40 questionably functional mopeds you and tim have inevitably breaks, i will have an extra.

haha

I think Im gonna ride down with mopedjay tomorrow afternoon. Itll be sick to meet you guys

IS there any place to park a trailer and a car nearby? I wanna haul down a bike but would have no place to park?

i bet you could find a space big enough on the street the other side is on.

It can be tight there...there is a possibility of parking over by my house - along the park there's free parking, and also on the other side of the street in front of the church that's there. Other than that, the best suggestion I have is parking in Cambridge is free after 6:00pm in metered spots in most areas, and it would keep you close to the meeting area.

ironically i broke tim's vespa grande today. i'm like a swirling cloud of death for mopeds. don't let me near it, jay. if i breathe on it, it will cease working.

thanks jay i can meet you at miters (off mass ave, on a side road across from 255 mass ave) at...umm i don't know, maybe 530? how long does it take to replace a fuel valve? if we're trying to do crazy things we might need tim there because sometimes miters folk can get protective of their tools.

nah it cant happen

just ride down old man

Props to Mopedjay, Conor and Sabat. I was up at Mopedjay's house the other day - like he's in the middle of nowhere... 33 miles from the city according to my TomTom, Sabat some 28. Both long rides, both long rides back home on some messed up roads. A proverbial tip of my hat for making this trek into town.

I'm going to try to make it tonight, I want to see what Mopedjay is riding. Wait til you see his secret weapon!

Halloween - Scavenger Hunt

I posted this

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/read.php?f=1&i=521603&t=520742

a week or so ago and never got any feedback on the idea. Since Susan is already getting her costume ready I think folks ought to think about this. Halloween is on a Friday this year. How about some spooky ride (cemeteries and creepy stuff) on Friday night, sleep in your costumes and come back to our place on Saturday afternoon for a scavenger hunt in and around town.

Comments. Ideas. Suggestions.

If Southie isn't too far away we have parking in our driveway and yard.

MOPEDJAY

Tonight, 530pm? 265 mass ave, little parking to the side (there's a dumpster in the parking lot). i will be there. it takes me about 40 minutes to walk there so let me know. unless you want to ride double to miters...

will that be enough time to change the petcock? i don't know what else he needs other than a good greasing lube and an act of congress to get him running faster.

also let me know how much i owe you for the petcock.

I'd be up for it, though I already look like 'The Stig' from Top Gear in my getup...

A costumed Halloween ride would be so freakin sweet. I call dibs on the viking costume though...or maybe I'll buy a yellow targa and go as a troll. I dunno. Anyway, see you guys at The Other Side. Remember, if someone brings me a plug I'll buy you a donut. For real.

I'll bring you a Champion L86

Rock.

champion crap i only use NGK

Re: MOPEDJAY

il just call you when im down that way i put the good tires and pegs on the moby so it should be fine for 2

aint no secret weapon just a yellow french piece of shit

i didnt even have time to make a nice loud pipe for it

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account