Abandoned turnpike ride

look at this! http://www.briantroutman.com/highways/abandonedpaturnpike/ anyone up for an abandoned highway ride!

Re: Abandoned turnpike ride

the drawback is that on some weekends the military conducts march drills on part of that stretch thus effectively closing it to civilians, and the section that was bought by the conservancy has a strict "no motorized vehicles allowed" and since it's bumfuck nowhere the local cop's don't have enought to do than bust dirtbikers that travel that road (can you tell i grew up out there?)

Uh, Limited Access Highways area always off limits to mopeds. (interstates, turnpikes, etc) Also any roadway with a MINIMUM speed.

Hey bub, what part of abandoned is hard to get? abandoned= little to no cars and no cars= no minimum speed limit, by the way typing things in all caps doesn't make you a hardass just a full on jagoff, so buy a fucking dictionary sorry DICTIONARY. ok

uh, I don't know, please tell me, as you are obviously a public school graduate, and words mean different things to you.

yeah, because people are going to ride down the highway with great abandon and exuberance, thats way more believable then riding on deserted road. did you look at any of the links? or do you just like putting up asinine post? Also may I ask what is wrong with public school?

uh, if people would be riding playfully, highway or not the subject would say "abandon turnpike ride" not "abandoned turnpike ride" the (ed) at the end of the word makes all difference.

Sounds like it would be a blast, But you need to know what parts are closed to motorize traffic and when the army is marching. Hey wait!! The Moped Army vs. the U.s army! It would be a easy win. Most of them have P.T.S and S.B.I . All you need to do is toss a pack of fire crackers out and watch them piss themselves.

yeah, i'm gong to email the people at delmarvahighways.com they had there cars on it soo, there must be a way to set it if talk to the right people

That part of the old turn pike is kind of close to Pittsburgh . It would be great to meet some of the switcHANDsignal crew..HINT... East Pa meets west Pa .

Yeah, its kind of right in the middle of the state, it would be cool to meet people at the mid point. I just hope everyone's ped is fast, what with the minimum speed limit and all the cars you find on abandoned road ways. Eye public school go, smart is me.

Hey I went to public school during the Reagan years. ceiling tiles falling down, lights not working , no A/c and text books 30 years old... Did we ever make it to the moon?

I don't know, maybe you need to email jswift, I bet he would know. He got all that there high end book smarts and all.

I'll sent him a e mail how many stamps do you think it would take?

"...if people would be riding playfully ... the subject would say 'abandon turnpike ride' not 'abandoned turnpike ride'..."

He's f*<#ing with you, no?

"ABANDON TURNPIKE RIDE!" would be what you shout when dariuskyne's local cops come chasing after you, and you have to ditch into the woods.

I'm in Pittsburgh. I explore abandoned areas with great abandon. My Express is too slow for highway traffic, and my big motorbike too "I'm gonna blow up and die" for it - put me on the list.

what!

wait wait wait...

Does Krylon _really_ sponsor the "National Profane Word Spelling Bee"?

For those who have it. Look in the "Wierd Pennsylvania" book. Page 189 -191. It a good write up.

Another ride that would be cool as hell is Gravity Hill in New Paris . page 183-184.

"what witch craft is this?? .. My moped is rolling up hill!!!!"

well the part the conservatory DOESN'T own is still used by the random people on various motorized bikes, and atv's even though technically it's a closed road, and the cop's usually don't bother them... however once you get to the part that is owned by the conservatory, they'll nail you.

not so much in the middle of the state, breezewood is about a 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive (speeding) from philly,using the turnpike; oddly it takes another two or more hours to get up the mountain to get to pittsburgh, even though it's less distance.

just sayin the cop's get bored and like to mess with people... as they usually do.

if you do get permission that would be awsome maybe we could set up some style of annual pennsylvania based rally around it, that would kick ass.

but yeah if my bike is done in time, i'd head out there for that ride definately

i live near gravity hill, telford's like a few miles from haycock mountain (where the "cannibalistic albinos live")

any news or updates on making this ride yet?

Patrick Mattison /

does gravity hill really make stuff go up or is it camera tricks?

its a optical illusion.

i would really like to ride this... sounds kinda spooky and eary.

and not cars make it sound even better!

definatly need to have a ride on it!!!!

God that would be awesome, except..oh yeah I'am in MN! pouts...but is this leagal? Not that I'am a big stickler about that but what are the chances of being busted on that? I would think slim to none...but you never know...It would be a blast...any abandoned roads Highways in MN you know about?

holy shit. i live for stuff like this. wish i was closer to PA because i'd probably be checking this out right now....

i restent that.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account