Saddle Bags Baby!

What does everyone else use? I need some for my peds...78 pinto and 78 moby...any suggestions?

Re: Saddle Bags Baby!

Go to a good bike shop, they are called paniers in picycle world, work great on a moped.

MikeS

There are still NOS bags available for Motobecane if you search for them on Ebay. Most of the white ones are gone, but plenty of orange, green and yellow left. They fit right on Motobecanes, they were designed for them!

The classiest bags I've ever seen were a set of medic or messenger bags from an army surplus. They look great on vintage bikes. I've seen ammo cans used but they look kind of clunky on a lot of bikes.

Once wuz Targaped .. now TP /

bicycle saddle bags .. nylon .. lightweight .. you could stuff Harold in one.

Tractor Supply Company has some good ones in their equine stuff for like $26. They are heavy nylon and look pretty waterproof. I have one of the stores in my town and went to look at them, they're nice for the price. They have a small set for 16. They are also the heavy nylon but only have a zipper top.

brooks saddle bags = class

I have a set of these. They were swiss bread bags I am told and I got a set back in the day when they were blowing up all over this site...

They are rad. I've had my set for like 5 years...

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

i have a nearly mint set of bags specifically for the Pinto. i'll never use them, there's a pic of them floating around the buy/sell forum somewhere if you're interested. gonna cost more than new nylons though, just sayin.

~marc

I made mine. Here's the pattern:

http://www.butterick.com/item/B4147.htm?search=4147&page=1

The only things I would have done differently would be to (1) think about how they were going to attach to the moped BEFORE I put them together and (2) make the straps on the outside made of the same vinyl as the rest of the bag, or at least put some heavy interfacing in there. The straps are kind of puny and susceptible to water and dirt the way they are.

I have a really cool idea to make a different set for my other moped, but usually things I invent in my head do not fully compensate for the physical limitations of the real world. It's really cool in my head, though!

Edward Richardson /

I recently ran across a factory set in the rear of a 95 Pontiac Trans Sport. They have a hard plastic back, look really nifty, and should be adaptable to a moped, should anyone be in a salvage yard.

« Go to Topic — end of thread