All about UPJETTINg your PED

the drifter /

so i put a technigas next exhaust on my 2007 sprint. It seems the collective opion is that i should upjet. I checked the sparkplug and it seems to be a healthy brown color but im going to upjet 2 sizes anyhow. Is this a actual metal jet you have to buy? i thought it was just a nozzle i could turn a bit to allow more gas into the carb...anyhow i know the stock size is a 55(whatever that means) and i plan to go to a 57.

Re: All about UPJETTINg your PED

When you say that you checked the spark plug ... did you put in a new one, do a proper plug chop, and then check it? Or are you using the old one? If you're using the old one, it'll be pre-browned, and you'll never know how well you're running.

Yes, you do actually have to buy a new jet. They're these tiny little pieces of metal that have a very very small hole drilled in them. The gas flows through that hole. The bigger the hole, the bigger the size (number). When you buy a 57 jet as opposed to a 55 jet, you're getting a jet with a bigger hole in it to allow more gas into your mixture. I don't know what kind of carb you've got on there (although I'm assuming it's some breed of Dellorto.) If you can fill in what kind it is, we can probably tell you where you can buy a new jet.

Raymond Wright IV /

go to a 58.

or 60. (thats what i use)

i have an air filter on my lx and tecnigas and she runss fiiiineeeee!

a jet will look like this.

http://www.1977mopeds.com/catalog/images/delorto-jet.gif

make sure you order the jet for the carb you have.

im sure its a PHVA.

SHA jets wont fit a PHVA. or vice versa.

the drifter /

appricate the help, below every jet sold at 1977mopeds is teh message "Will not fit on the PHVA carb on new A55 bikes" which is me because i have the 07 sprint with the A55 engine. Is it important to increase the idle jet as well as the main jet, i was thinking of leaving the idle jet alone. the only use i could think of for changeing the idle jet is for when your going down a hill and have the throttle off but are still moving fast.

unemployed motherfucker /

^^^

i would also like to know about the idle jet

you can use an old spark plug

all you have to do is sand it down and take off the old color and you can get a good plug chop

You can use a torch tip cleaner (tiny drill set) to open up your jet. A lot of people will do that to find the right number jet and then buy the correct one rather than trial and error. You can buy them at car-quest for about $12. The other concern that no one has mentioned here (and though I loath to speak the words). You are adding more fuel to the mixture but if you are running an oil injector it has no way of compensating for the increased fuel flow. You should consider adding some oil to your fuel or removing the mechanism altogether and tunning pre-mix.

If it idles fine I wouldn't bother messing with the idle jet as you are probably not at idle long enough to cause a problem nor are you asking a lot from the engine at idle.

the drifter /

thanks, thats what i thought about the oil injection set ups. Check this thread out

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/520131/520131/

i guess theres almost no difference between the 57 and 58. What measurement do those numbers stand for. anyone have a link i could use to buy a 58 jet for a 07 sprint?

thedrifter /

so ive not git around to upjetting (although i did pay SABAT already for a 59). i took her out today but was using a mobil 1 fully synthetic oil at a slightly higher ratio that 50:1. adding the extra oil feels like it made a difference and now is purrring fine./

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account