premium gasoline?

stupid question. if i run premium gas mixed with a synthetic oil is it gonna make my 50v go faster??

Re: premium gasoline?

weird, i tryed premium and i think my moped ran better, and ive never really seen a topic about it before any reason why?

dont think so.

premium gas doesnt really make things go faster, it just resists detonation due to high pressure. so if you have high compression, you will need to use it or the gas will blow up before your engine is ready for it to do so.

it mixes with air better in the carb

Premium Gas is better. It wont rally make you faster though.

The premium won't have as many detergents and other stuff in it, but make sure your getting premium, and not a gallon of the guy before you got. Joe

Good point. When I was real broke a few years ago, I owuld go to the Gas station and fill my Express tank full with just what was left in the hoses. Because they go down, and come back up, you can usually get a good 8-10 oz out of a hose. Three hoses per pump, six- 12 pumps. Full tank.

This diddnt work at all stations. some must have some sort of drain, or valve... but it worked in 8 out of 10.

good thing to find out about do you get some of the cheap shit the guy before you pumped HMMMMMMMMMMM ?????

unless you've intentionally done something to your ped to make it require higher octane, no.

i buy premium just for the hell of it.

cost 4 bucks to fill my tank or 3.85 to fill my tank...

~SABAT!

yea, since i've put my kit on, i've been buying premium, it's only like 20cents more on my puch maxi.

There are no stupid questions, in my experience premieum makes my peds seem to run a bit smoother, but does not increase speed. I always run the highest octane fuel I can buy in my old bikes, I mean what the hell it is a moped so you buy like a gallon or two at a time? So cost is not an issue for me. I have not tried synthetic oil yet, I prob will at some point but I have had awesome luck with castrol 2t in my Moby 50v and Honda line 2 stroke oil in my Hobbit. I have run synthetic oil in my cars/trucks when I owned them and found it far superior to conventional oil, but that is a 4 stroke application. Mobil One all day every day when I buy a car/truck again!

"Do not use unleaded gasoline"

I know this is invalid now, but does anyone know what was different with the gas that they put this sticker on in the 80s?

I've been messing around with fuel mixtures and jetting over the past few months and am sticking with T2 and premium gasoline. With these two performance has improved precipitously - I have a stronger bottom end and picked up at least 3-5 m.p.h. on the top end. As well, I can noticeably hear a pronounced difference in the sound of the power band. Pretty freaking amazing! With some tinkering and patience I managed to get 38-40 m.p.h. out of one Pacer and 35-38 m.p.h. out of the other.

However, since someone usually has some wisefuckingass comment about most everything I've posted dealing with anything technical, I should probably start putting disclaimers in all my postings stating that I am a pathological liar who can't think the way I used to, I sometimes sound and appear to be drunk and that everything I write is either unsubstantiated or the musings washed up outlaw.

Whatever, my peds sound much better running on premieum fuel, I use castrol 2t as well, peds will run fine on regular fuel but premieum seems to smooth them out, I'a, not a mechanic, mabe a shade tree one but not certified all I know is what works for me, I'am not a pathological liar I just post what my peds do with what type of fuel etc! Your results may vary! Lol! If I soumd drunk I prob am...

sir thaddeusforemen /

Do you get more gas mileage out using premium?

I know that with cars, you'll get somewhat better gas mileage using premium than ur regular unleaded.

i think so because what happens is with regular gas, it burns really fast so it slams down on the cylinder thts why ppl like the premium because it burns slower and it doesnt smack the cylinder but it pushes it down.

"Note: do not use unleaded gas":http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/NOTE:_DO_NOT_USE_UNLEADED_GASOLINE

Well, that's what the wiki says, anyway.

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

the way i look at it is these machines where design for the consumption of leaded gas. lead was added to boost the octane. premium gas has the highest octane. that's what daddy's using...

i dont think its gonna make your bike faster though.

my buddys pinto ran like shit and he put in premium and it ran great. but who knows that thing rund depending on the weather and shit so maybe it was just because it was a hot day

runs

« Go to Topic — end of thread