I have found something more addictive than mopeds

It is a 1983 Husqvarna 430wr. It has a 600 ninja front end so i can have the dual disk brakes and the adjustable hydraulic dampening. Just bought some dual stage Boysen reeds for it and stuck a much smaller carburetor on it to tame it a little bit for the street. Stock carb is 38mm and I installed a 32mm mikuni vm from a 1973 gt750 because it smoothes out the power in the lower rpm range(below 50 mph). Have a permanent Montana tag that never expires and insurance was 78 dollars for one year of legalness. It pulls wheelies on accident even though I have lowered it as much as possible and will do way over 100mph. Horsepower in stock form is 47 at the rear wheel. Soooo Much fun to ride... My puchs are collecting dust.... It reminds me of a moped engine though, just the one big cylinder sticking up there kinda like a tomos or garreli.

Re: I have found something more addictive than mop

sorry i posted the same pic twice dammet

I was fully expecting the more addictive thing to be hard drugs.

Yeah! My guess was Meth or Crack, but that looks like fun too.

husqvarna + ninja front end?

actually mopeds are more addictive than meth, I stopped doing drugs but continue to ride two strokes.. But yeah once you have gotten hooked on mopeds, all other drugs seem weak.

ya ninja front end, I have the ninja back wheel too I plan on putting on there as soon as I can get a 50 tooth sprocket so it will match

I saw you blasting on that down Eastern Prkwy. You stop to adjust like right behind my house but left right as I was coming out.

lol cool.. Im going to show up cafe 360 at 6:30 tonight

It's a thing of beauty! 2stroke powerplant and modern suspension. Are you using the ninja swingarm?

looks like a dirtbike exaust setup

Still... More addictive than Mopeds? I don't know if i can picture anyone having 12 or more of those packed into thier garage...

nice...i thought you were gonna say poon tang

how's you passenger like the cool ride?

Cool see you there.

No I thought about using the ninja swing arm for a while but it is aluminum and the husky one is steel so i can weld on it easier. The bike weighs 230lbs and i am able to load it into my truck by myself no problem. I bet I could out run a suzuki gsxr750 easy enough no joke because of my weight advantage. I have a kawasaki z1 900 and this bike makes it seem like grand dads Hoveround. I have just about got the jetting spot on..

Flash hangs on really well. I would like to get him a enclosed doggy carrier box to ride in so i can take off faster with out worrying that he will topple out

no way, you crash that thing with flash in an enclosed carrier you're pretty much going to kill him.

thats a good point.. I have a box crate thing with higher sides that might be better. So he could still jump out if needed.

Re: There is Help for Husky Addictions

Awesome, awesome, awesome, legal, awesome, awesome.

Is that expansion pipe stock? I love two-stroke street bikes.

Mine starts out sounding low and deep and serious; I idle in traffic looking all seriouslike.

Once you hit an open road the low "BLAT!" turns to "blatblatblat" turns to "waaaaang!" turns to "Hey... this is just a giant moped!"

Re: There is Help for Husky Addictions

Damn thats a bitchin Sweede

Two stroke and disc brakes on the front, dont get any better then that.

i can picture the howl that thing makes.

you should try a CT 90 Honda...

Holy smokes! I live in boston and I landscape for a living. Consequently, any time I am mowing a house and I see a dude washing/working on anything in his driveway, I walk over. (most times this is how a great moped deal will occur) Anyway, this very thing happened on mon. A dude was washing a dirtbike and I went over to say hi. Long story short, he ended up showing me all his toys which included the sickest husky I've ever seen! The engine set up looked like yours and the bike was so insane. Like 1970's style enduro straight bars chromed out tank (husky stickers still intact) The f-ing noise this thing made.......I wish you could hear it. I wanted it, he laughed. It was the first time I saw something like it and now I'm on a mission. I just got into peds and I'm totally new at it but this thing really sparked something in me. Sick bike bro!

Re: Sticky Notes are addictive

BryAn eurism /

Aw there ^he^ goes, talking about some kind of mushrooms. It figures

Nice rat bike!

sweet so you can sell me your spare puch engines right?

Video or it doesn't exist!

It obviously does and is awesome, but I still want to hear it run. Sweet!

That and other Husky WR's were the ones to contend with on the race circuit in the 70's. What a beast! I've seen them throw boulders the size of bowling balls from the rear tire. They have the power to pull the hide off an elephants ass and could climb a hill as steep as a church steeple.

hey if those puch are just collecting dust got any you want to sell?

i balance my time neatly between shooting dope and wrenching on peds. w/ an occasional shift at work or sex or a nap or some shit

Steve Williams /

i love roadgoing mx bikes,i had a 1991 cr500 on the road for a while,it was geared for 125 mph and would still wheelie off the throttle at 100 mph!it got sold in the end because it was a cop magnet.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account