Re: Tomos oil injection

I'am glad yours works well, but do not discount Jerrys posts, he is a master mechanic....racing does not mean you are right, but race all you want racing is fun!

Re: Fluid Orifices

"fill the gas tank with oil and fill the oil tank with gas then... put the gas and oil in the wrong tanks...or you could put mix in your gas tank and put straight gas in your oil tank hmm..."

Oh my freaking god, MopedJay answered this question once and for all, and everyone missed it.

Yes, as MopedJay suggests, we need only remember to put necessary moped fluids into whatever fluid-filling orifice first presents itself.

I would like to add that I removed the valve caps from my Express, and filled all of the inner tubes with 10w40. When I stop, I can feel the fluid continue to rotate, and if I start off again quickly enough I get flywheel effect benefits.

Wait, wouldn't that sort of work?

I thought maybe putting helium in the tires would make it lighter. Putting liquid in tires makes them heavier. it would be both harder to start, and harder to stop. We used to fill tractor tires with water. BTW, when I had my Suzuki Samurai, I would get it up on 2 wheels quite often when turning corners. I managed to get quite good at it without ever rolling it. Peace. Jerry.

Man samuri's sure could rust but holy shit they were mental in the woods.

Mine didn't have a speck of rust on it, but the engine was getting really worn, compression was low, and it had this really strange computer controlled carb that could not be repaired, and a new one cost almost $800. It still ran fairly well, but would not pass an emissions test. I traded it to a guy that was going to make an off road buggy out of it, for a '64 Fairlane (also no rust, this is AZ) I had to rebuild the transmission in the Fairlane shortly after getting it, due to dried out seals, but all the parts cost less than $200, and it runs great now. I doubt it would pass an emissions test, because it does burn oil, but the neat thing about it, is that it doesn't have to. It's a pre '67, which makes it emissions exempt. So now I have 4 mopeds, and a car, that all burn oil. Peace. Jerry.

WHOOOOOOOOOOO no emissions!

Mass is reportedly going no sniff test on all cars 95 and down as of July 1. My car got its last inspection sticker with the sniff test dynometer thing last month, and when it passed i took it right down to the shop, took the catalytic converter off and put in a straight pipe. Instant horsepower, awesome. I dont feel guilty as the car runs so clean anyway, the cat was doing nothing for the past 5 years but annoying me.

Cat went on someone elses car that needed to get past emissions and i got a free "test" pipe.

Man, those suzi samuri's didnt last the life of a 5 year loan here in mass. Nobody ever did a freaking head gasket or carb on one out here. One day you just came out and there was 4 wheels and a steering wheel and a little brown mound of rust.

AZ has the worst emissions tests in the country, much worse than CA. CA does not test anything under a '75, and as far as I know, neither does any other state. AZ goes all the way back to '67. And '67-'80 cars are almost impossible to get to past the test. You have to lean them out to the point where they barely run, get them tested, then retune them to be drivable. But you will never get any serious power out of them. For popular classics like Mustangs, Vettes, air cooled VW's, etc. that makes a '66 model worth a lot more than a '67. I could drop a blown 427 with 2 Holley 850 double pumpers on a tunnel ram topped off by a Hilborn scoop sticking 2' up through the hood, with headers and Cherry Bomb glasspacks into my Fairlane, and be perfectly legal. I knew one guy, back when I was into air cooled bugs, that had 2 engines for his early '70s bug. He kept an extra engine just to pass emissions with, them swapped them out after passing the test. He had it down to where he could do an engine swap in about an hour. That's one of the things that makes mopeds so much fun, being under 50cc, they are also emissions exempt, You can rip the catalytic pipe off of a new Tomos, richen it up good, and not have to worry about an emissions test. Rust free pre '67 cars are very expensive around here, because you can do anything you want with them. A lot of local amateur racers drive their pre '67 cars to the track, run a 10 sec. E.T., then drive them home. The ones with late model race cars have to trailer them to the track and back. Tree huggers need not respond. Peace. Jerry.

WRONG. 30,000 miles with oil injection no problems.

Bite. My. Ass.

No injection problems 06, 07, 08. >25 K miles Try Snopes.com for this urban legend.

Wait, putting fluids into your tires would be awesome, but the only problem would be the fact that the centripetal force would more than likely cause your tires to explode / fly off the rims at high speed.

I'd still do it though.

--Scott

haha, i love you nick.

jerry's injection

ALL OVER THIS FORUM!

I realize people say this is some sort of conspiracy. Here's my take as a new Tomos owner. I purchased my 08 ST last July. Now that I have been replacing spark plug, changing transmission fluid, etc. to get ready for spring, suddenly I'm getting a odd friction noise in the cylinder. I followed several peoples' advice on how to test the oil injection. I removed the tube from the carb, turned the engine over a few times, and voila, no oil comes out of the tube. Seems that the "conspiracy" might not be such a conspiracy afterall

and one more thing i forgot to add. i have less than 700 miles on this thing.

Peace.Jerry.

For what it's worth, I've never experienced the notorious black rear wheel oil leak these same guys are always going on about either.

I have. It's all over my wheel right now. I need to find that thread with the retrofit sealing nut.

Zedob, I have those retrofit sealing nuts. E-mail me to get one.

Rest In Peace, Jerry

he may be gone but he lives on in our thread bumps.

I just bought a 2008 Streetmate R 2 months ago.

Yesterday my oil cable tore as I was coming home.

I'm getting rid of it and running premix instead.

To be fair, it has an Airsal Kit 64cc and Technigas Exhaust and I was cruising around at 50mph.

Also I have a 2005 Arrow bone stock, and I have been running it straight for 2 years and never any oiling issues.

Perhaps it's the modding that takes a toll on the oiling system?

more fuel, more oil, future...

oh, and i'm totally calling BS on this tread. This thread was started by that crazy tomos dude from canada. it's a fake account.

i call Bullshit.

« Go to Topic — end of thread