Pocketbike Motor on moped?

I have read quite a few good things about some pocket bikes - something like 18hp out of a 50cc motor.

Is it possible to put something like that onto a moped? I am new to the whole hybrid/combining parts.

Re: Pocketbike Motor on moped?

Anything is possible...

You'll pay more for 18hp pocket bike engine then you would for a whole moped though.

People put CR250 engines in MB5's, can't be any harder.

yeah. be prepared to spend REAL money. we are spoiled in mopeds. everything is super cheap and we start to think its expensive. once you get into really modern stuff... youre going to be spending paychecks faster than you ever thought was possible in mopeds.

George Smith /

pocket bike pullstart engine...no...

Honda clone...sure :)

I'd love to put a honda 50cc 3-speed into a moped...

pocketbikes are insane little fuckers... some go 70-75+ mph and people race them like sportbikes.

my neighboor has a cheapy one that does 45-50 easy makes me feel bad when this little thing beats my tank moped.

but if i run him over i win haha

yeah my friend has one of them shitty chinese 47cc ones and it does like 50 on the flat and flies right up any hill smokes any of my mopeds especially up hill

George Smith /

I've seen a lot of those with the pullstart crappy 47cc engines around....but they aren't worth a dime...

The honda clones though are nice and well worth buying one when someone gets bored and sells it for 100 bucks...

you need an engine of like a honda nsr50 that would be sweet on a ped

i think im going to put an fa50 engine on a intramotor gloria moped.. ill post pics if it bolts up right.

hey guys new to the forums and im trying to do the opposite and had some questions. i have a banshee sho which is a chinese copy of a grc gp a real italian pocket bike. well its got a polini 50cc 5 port watercooled replica engine and i want more power. it has about 13hp now but i want like 20hp+ and wanted to know if these 70cc polini aircooled top ends make that kinda power? it will have to be custom fitted but i think it'll fit these cases. so let me know.

my moped eats pocket bikes.

« Go to Topic — end of thread