Painting 5 stars + forks + tank

I cant find anyone in NY to powdercoat my 5 stars and paint my tank and my forks on my puch cobra 2 speed. Does anyone know of a place where I can mail them to and have them paint and powdercoat them a white color . I found one place and they said 400 dollars does that sound like alot .

Re: Painting 5 stars + forks + tank

WHAT!?

DON'T DO IT. Keep that white cobra original..or at least take of the original parts and then powdercoat some EBRs or something....

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn son!

That is what I am trying to do . The tank is dented and chipped real bad . The forks were bent real bad and the paint is half peeled off on the 5 stars .

Here is a idea of what just the tank looks like . The wheels are more chipped up . The forks are from a green maxi cause the other ones are wasted

1213727606_mickey_783.jpg

LOL

This represenative from the ministry of arts says its fine to paint that relic, its got nowhere to go but up!

I agree Ministry of arts LOL . Where do I send this package to to get it done . Somone has to know on this site

Place we use would be less than $300. Shipping on top of that though might not be much different. Thee guys have done many mopeds and wheels now though so their prep is very good. Includes sandblasting.

I thjought there was a guy on here that does it .

oh wow...that is sad it ended up in that condition. are you trying to restore it or make something custom? what does the rest of the bike look like? do you have a set of the tank decals?

as far as powdercoating..i'd do a seach on the interwebs and see what come up..also a motorcycle shop might do it all...bang the dents out, clean the tank and powdercoat it for you...same with the wheels.

You're thinking of Mike Rafter / Motomatic Mopeds (from the Landsquids).

BTW, check your email!

do it yourself! got an air compressor? buy the gun at harbor freight, buy the powder and stick it in your oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. make sure to get it all the way down to the metal. or find someone who has access to a kiln. you can do everything but frames in your oven.

I dont like painting and it never comes out as good .

Is there a email for mike does he take it if I mail him all the stuff

thanks Harry

mike@motomaticmopeds.com

if for whatever reason he can't do it i could at least paint it with automotive paint (professional set up here!) but we don't have any powdercoating facilities at my bodyshop, unfortunately.

i'd do it for 50 over shipping costs (both ways)

Trevor call me at 631-470-0068 Harry

sell the tank to me?

okies i will call, however i will wait until a civilized time to do so, since i don't know where you live... (time zone wise) will call tomorrow at some point (Wednesday)

Orange County Sandblasting and Powder coating.Their in So.Cal. Had my maxi blasted and coated.Frame,forks,swingarm.And the snowflakes are getting done as we speak.240.00

I live in NY

where in Chicago do you speak of? I heard someone mention that Pat was going to get a powdercoat painter at the shop too, but I could be completely mistaken.

Heres a pic of the frame.

1214010280_103_4970.jpg

Mark that looks awsome . Treaver is going to painting mine . .

I will post pics when it is done .Right now I am getting the 2 speed motor ported and kitted and ready .

THANKS!!!The next bike will be a race bike.This ones going to be pretty much stock.All chrome is getting done.Will post when complete.

Wow, nice Mark. I'll look to them for powdercoating my rigid.

off topic something else i'm working on

1970 Honda. Have been offered a car for this bike. VVVEEEERRRYYYY RARE. Rut rider front suspension. Different frame, rear disc brakes, bike is really cool.

1214015751_picture_006.jpg
« Go to Topic — end of thread