Has anyone spoke too

this man, i sent him money for a engine, and i have not yet recieved it, and hes not answering his emails either

http://www.mopedarmy.com/resources/mod/dusty/

http://www.mopedarmy.com/resources/mod/dusty/

-Samz

Re: Has anyone spoke too

I talked to him once about a year ago about the spree/cafe racer on his profile, he seemed like a nice/normal dude; can't say anything about his business transactions though.

How long have you been waiting?

ive been waiting almost 2 weeks

Twice i've had people on mopedarmy respond to my WTB threads, tell me they have the part i'm looking for and to email them, only to have them never respond to my emails. It makes me more than a little nervous about sending anyone money if the lines of communication get fucked up that easily.

he was actually interested in buying a Polini from me a while back and we emailed back and forth two or three times and then nothing...but didnt seem like an odd guy or anything.

ugh, yea we talked over email also about the engine, then later he got pics, i said i would take it and pay him the next day with paypal, i did, he emailed me and that was the last time i haerd from him. ughh

I've found that in the MA community it's rare to get truly ripped off, but things do get mis-represented and often times take along to time get.

I personally roll the dice; so far I've been lucky. I've waited months for parts because "shit came up" in peoples lives, I've also sat on packages for weeks because "shit came up in my life"; I've gotten wrong parts because I didn't get a pic, and I've gotten refunded for those parts; I've also shipped things before getting paid and paid before getting things shipped. It's kind of a "do onto other" philosophy.

Best advice is to get as much contact info as you can, do a search for that persons (another reason not to continually change you name, douchebag) posts/transaction on the site; and try to get good pictures of what your buying. Also feel free to make posts that say "so and so is a stand up guy" or "so and so ripped me off" that way others can get a feel of who people are here.

I've sent thousands $ in the last few years to mopedalers and moped shops, and so far it has all worked out well in the end, sometimes just smoother then others.

Hopefully he's on vacation or something.

I have dealt with him before and he is a good guy .

Shit happins

thing is hes been on yesterday acoording to his profile but he disregards me

That sucks, call him out.

I should note that once i logged in on my blackberry and it kept me logged in for like a month, but I wasn't posting or reading during that time; finally figured it out and logged out and now the info on my profile is correct.

FYI...

I just sent him an e-mail and got a response in less then 10 minutes; still seems like a nice normal dude.

Maybe try emialing him again @ dricks3@ec.rr.com

I recently purchased an engine from him using money order and had no troubles. In fact, the engine he sent me was quite nice and in very good condition except the top end which he had mentioned. All in all I was happy with my purchase. It took about 2 weeks but I expected that, sometimes it takes awhile for various reasons. I would e-mail him again to check status.

wow thanks alot i emailed him again and what d oyou know he replied!, well he said it was sent so all i have to do is wait some more. again thanks

-Samz

Hey its me the talk of the town. Just wanted all of you guys to know that I mentioned to Sam that I would send the engine as of last Friday because of my job I was unable to get to a Post Office before then. I myself do alot of buying online also and feel that doing this is taking a chance and going on the old hand shack is enough rule. I have had very little problems doing so and have tried my best to give very little problems to anyone else. Sam to respond to your post please be patient when dealing with anyone online and understand that from my point of view that selling moped parts is not my main job. I sell parts to support my moped addiction and to try to help the cause which is to keep guys like you building and rebuilding these things! I do my best to deal with people honestly and acspect the same. Sorry for the delay you feel but please be careful as not to tarnish my good name here on the army. Also anytime that you want to get in touch with me all you have to do is email me at my listed address on this site. I can usually get back to you within a day. Thanks and hope you enjoy the engine!

« Go to Topic — end of thread