Minneapolis riders!

kim jensen /

How about we get of our asses and get a ride going on Sunday! We could meet and pick up riders as we go to make it easy for everyone!

Meet at Minnehaha Falls at 11:30, depart at 11:45

Stop at Lake Harriet Pavillion 12:05, pick up riders, depart at 12:15

Stop at Lake Calhoun Pavillion, pick up riders, depart at 12:30

Take parkways to Loring Park, check out the festival, listen to some music, eat and buy stuff!

28 mile round trip from the Falls, so gas up!

Lets ride Minneapolis!

kbj

Re: Minneapolis riders!

gosh kim, i would love to but im gonna be out of town starting saturday until the 8th of july about.

minneapolis, i just came back from The Bomb Prom, and you don't even know how badly i want to start getting a good showing from Minneapolis at rallies, so start gettin your stuff together!

NOW, for my shameless plug:

Eau Claire, WI (mine and wade's hometown) will be hosting a mini-rally on the 4th of July weekend. if you don't have to stay in the cities and spend time with your family, come spend time only an hour and a half away with your moped family. we plan on definitely hitting up the big fireworks show in Eau Claire on the fourth. there is thoughts of making a camp trip of it, and possibly a ride to the Leininkugel's brewery in Chippewa Falls for a brewery tour.

Make it happen Minneapolis.

now im gonna post another topic about the EC Mini Rally.

kim jensen /

Damn, sounds like fun! I love Water Street!

I'll be out of town though.

AND .... I like the idea of picking up riders en-route.

What say ye Mpls?

My bad on the festival at Loring Park, not til next week.

Still, who's up for a ride Sat or Sunday????

I'm happy to see some recent posts from Minneapolis. I'm relocating from Philly to Minneapolis/St. Paul this winter and am hoping to find a moped crew in my new city.

I'm also interested to learn if and how moped riders in Minneapolis handle the whole registration/inspection situation. Here in Philly, things are pretty lawless at these things go. I don't know anyone who registers a moped here. I ride a Solex, which essentially looks like a bicycle, but even still, I've never heard of anyone being hassled for having an unregistered or uninspected moped; cops here have got bigger fish to fry. It's a whole nuther matter though if you leave the city for a ride out into "the counties."

Can someone provide any insights on whether I have to get "legit" w/ my moped in Minneapolis? If so, where does one even begin?

Minnesota does require you to title and register your moped, if you will be using it on city or state roads (use on private property is totally different, of course). If you dont have a title from the prior state, you will have to complete the "no proof of ownership" packet of paperwork and submit that to the bonding committee, where they will decide if its to be bonded or not. Very likely, for a moped, no bonding will be required. When you submit that packet, you will get plates and tabs on the spot, so you can use the 'ped legally on roads. I work for the DMV, and get these questions a lot, so if you need more info, just let me know.

As to whether law enforcement will make problems for you if you dont have it plated properly, that I cant say.

Oh, and if you want that paperwork, to start the process for getting plates and tabs, go to the below link (the state of mn public web page) and click on "contact us" in the bottom left. You can send a request via email there, and just tell them that you need the "no proof of ownership paperwork packet" mailed to you.

https://dutchelm.dps.state.mn.us/dvsinfo/mainframepublic.asp

I'm up for a sunday ride but I work until 2pm, maybe I could meet up with people?

I'll be there. I finally got a plate. AH HA HA!

I know those roads like the back of my hand, since I commute via the parkways...

Anyway, the point is, I'll be there. I don't know if you can consider that a promise or a threat.

--Scott

I will more than likely meet you at the falls. Hopefully I can have 2-3 others in tow.

See you guys there.

Decker

i hope some of you are coming to eau claire for the fourth!

Bump.

Well, I just remembered that I may be camping this weekend. But if i'm not, I'll definitely be there.

--Scott

for realz when is this thing at?

I would love to go if I can get the rust out of my tank. Also my friend was riding over the lake street bridge and got stop and tickted. The cop gave him a ticket because he didn't have glasses or goggles on. Can they really do that?

Yes thry can, eye protection is required, prescription glasses are acceptable. I use shop safty glasses because they are clear and you can see wtf you are doing at night unlike my sunglasses.

Hey Laura is the kriedler running yet? I would love to see her on the road...if you want the engine maunal I have found it let me know!

I work on Sunday am but will ride to work thinking of all of you guys! (wearing eye protection) Best of luck on the ride!

and this weekend I promice to ride at least 20 miles in your honor! Hobbit hums as a swiss watch!

Whenever it is at I so would love to re meet you Laura, is the bike running yet? I'am looking at a one just like the one I gave you but without the blinkers!

It's not running yet. I want to rebuild it properly and right now it's in pieces so I can give it a new paint job. lol I'll post the story when it's all done. Also, I think I have the manual you're talking about, I have the assembly/disassembly manual that's on mopedrider.org.

The beginning of the day

1214526363_dscf0042.jpg

Kreidler

End of day one

1214526433_dscf0076.jpg

Re: Kreidler

FUN!

im still gonna try to get more of you to come to eau claire for the fourth!

kim jensen /

Hey great to hear form you all!

I should be avail to ride Sunday at noon, UNLESS by some miracle my son's little league teams wins on Sat. ( In spite of my expert coaching - yuk, yuk, I hate to say it, but they suck!)

Then I will have to lead them to victory again on Sun at 11:00.

So that would put me back til 3:00 PM. I'll let you know Sat PM what is up.

Put a Polini on the Grande tonite. Had to do a lot of mods that I didn't expect. It still doesn't clamp on worth a damn and I will have to cut the clamp free in order to get it to tighten.

Angelo will get an earful! If I get it on I will have to upjet and do plug chops before I ride. May have to put the stock exhaust back on for Sunday (:(>

The Allstate is coming along nicely! Will test start soon!!!!

I hope it works!

Plan to see you Sunday!

Yeah but have you got insurance Scott?

Looks great, you are exactly what that machine needed!

GET INSURANCE.

Insurance is for pansies. But yes, I do have it insured. Or, actually, my _dad_ has insurance on "his" moped. Wink wink.

The deal we worked out is, he pays the 10 bucks for insurance, and he gets to ride it to work instead of our SUV to save money on gas.

--Scott

kim jensen /

Hey whatever works insurance wise!

Damn weather better hold out Sunday!

Hope to see some riders at either 12 or 3 on Sunday.

Ready to put gas in the Allstate and see what happens!

Wish me luck and proper spark!

kbj

kim jensen /

Noon or Three tommorrow people!

Post who's in and when.

Parkways to Pride Fest if there is any interest is 13 miles from the Falls. If we start at noon, it gives us a destination to meet up with people like Laura at Three.

Otherwise start at 2:30 at the Falls and pickup riders at Lake Harriet at Three.

Post up people - let's ride!

kim jensen /

bump Let's go people!

I'll be there. At noon. Rain or shine.

If nobody shows up by 12:30 - 12:45, I'll leave again and show back up at 3:00 or so again.

Also, rain is just water. Don't fear the weather.

--Scott

are you guys having a minirally this year? i would love to ride with you guys. ive heard so many good things.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account