Can you tell what kinda moby this is?

sir thaddeusforemen /

Just by looking at it?

I won it on ebay for 50 bucks. =]

I forgot to ask the lady and i'm pretty syked up about it and can't wait for her to respond to it, so can you guys tell what kinda moby it is?

Re: Can you tell what kinda moby this is?

50v

50v

there is a gallery you can always refer to.

Mike Scouty McScoutington /

That is a post 1978 50v. You can tell by the chain tensioner and the headlight switch. I would guess that it is a 1979 and that it is the fast model. It has the long intake which means that it has the larger of the two stock carbs. With a little lovin' that could be a very nice ped. holler if you have any questions about it. mbk.mike@gmail.com

sir thaddeusforemen /

Thanks a lot guys, i knew you all would be able to spot which one it was. I'm very anxious about getting it! I'm hoping it's the 30mph model as well.

I'll deff hit you up miker for questions, i know i'll need some help with it. I'll give this thing as much love as it needs and then ride all over Chicago with it. haha.

It is a Mobylette 50V model probably 78 to 1980 year, check the steering tube for the manufacture date and see the type A/B/C.

The V stand for variator, that is right behind the clutch on the right side of your moped, it's like an automatic transmission, it will help you climb hills a lot better.

sorry left side of the moped

Jeez thomas, that's a great score!

Looks like you are going to need some new chains.

Don't try to salvage those, you will ruin your sprockets

Nice steal.

sir thaddeusforemen /

Thanks again guys. Again all the information that has been given is very helpful and i'm grateful for all the warm replies. =]

& wiff thanks, haha i guess you can call this a little project to keep me busy untill i get another ped (hopefully yours, if you're still up for it) haha. =] i just couldn't help myself.

I originally offered the lady 75 picked up, but she wanted to let to let the auction run, which led it to be 50 bucks which is a great price. which obviously i know and you guys know since everyone is liking it =]

« Go to Topic — end of thread