Whats the BEST oil to premix with?

the drifter /

Im not sure about other peds but i was told to run a 50:1 ratio with this tomos. I know getting synthetic oil is important but whats the best to get.?

Re: Whats the BEST oil to premix with?

It depends on what is available to you. Some of the wisest moped veterans will tell you marine outboard stuff is fine, or whatever you can find. Others will tell you if you use anything less than motul your a loser. I buy the synthetic stuff I can get around here, its called amsoil saber and it seems to do the job just fine, although it is a tad pricey. Anything sae certified or whatever it is will be fine.

My question is what is the lowest price, and i will buy a large amount, 2 cycle oil that has on the label other engine use other than just out board engine oil. I do not trust out board engine oil that has nothing else on the label that it can be used in, this makes me think that it is an oil for water cooled engines only. I am cheap ,but not that cheap to use that kind of oil.

I've gotten flack for posting my opinions about oil, but at the risk of placing myself in a position I am relatively comfortable with, here goes: I have tried about 8 different oils in three 30+ year old mopeds (including Motul) and came back to what I used while racing 2-stroke dirt bikes in the 70's, Castrol 2T.

2T at 50:1 and mid-grade gasoline have 3 vintage Italian engines mopeds purring like kittens and never any plug fouling. I also run the same mix in two new chainsaws. All start on the first try every time.

What store sells the Castol 2T the cheapest? Can you buy a large container and save money?

It's been difficult for me to find around Boston but did locate it at Advanced Auto. I believe it comes only in quarts and 55 gallon drums. Usually under 4.00 per quart. I swear by running 2T. Besides, it smells great - better than other shit I've burnt that is.

its called amsoil saber and it seems to do the job just fine, although it is a tad pricey.

Pricey?! That stuff is 100:1 mix, 80:1 on a hot and heavy day. How can that be expensive? It is some of the best oil around from word of mouth.

Look into Red Line's two stroke oil as well, apparently it has been extensively proven to allow engines to hit higher rpm's then with any other racing oil tested.

I use Honda 2 stroke oil in my hobbit and castrol 2t in my motobecane, both mixed at the factory specs. I have never had any trouble with either of them. I'am interested in trying synthetic...but I have a good supply of both brands, so untill they are gone thats what I will use. Back in my mispent yout I put over 8,000 miles on a stock moby using castrol 2t. Never an engine prob of any kind. Best of luck with your choice!

huge amsoil fan.

they are shitting when they say 100:1

it is THAT good.

carbon buildup is non existant.

i been running that golden spectro synthetic blend cause i got it for free

it runs awesome i havent changed my sparkplug in like 500 miles

i also have pretty good luck with red spectro racing oil mixed around 70:1 also got for free 2 gallons

but this stuff is pretty old i dont know if they even sell it anymore

what ever happened to optimus racing oil i used to use that stuff all the time and it ran so nice with almost no smoke

now i cant find it anymore

i use the wallmart shit

How's pennzoil? Because that's what I just bought.

Whats the BEST oil to premix with?

Jerry Franek /

Mopedlar was using Pennzoil Marine Synthetic at 40. I told him I went to 50 and he said that so did he. Wallmart.

I use whatever 2 stroke oil I can get except for when a break in calls for something special.

Re: thick crude straight from the well

I'm cheap - just bought a gallon of marine 2-stroke at Wal-Mart, works for me! I also bought a smaller jug that had a measuring device on top - very handy! After I used that up I refilled from the gallon. A slight pain in the ass since you have to suction it back into the lower holder, but I love the easy to use measuring device - it's got 50:1, 40:1 and 32:1 right on it.

Re: Just use your injector

Now you're just trying to start something.

The question was: What do you put _in_ said injector?

Re: Just use your injector

Now I'm Giving It Away /

Crude wouldn't work too well in an injector .. I guess there is need to premix after all. 10,000:1 should do it.

« Go to Topic — end of thread