OT: Cool Shots of Urban Ruin

I was just talking with someone about abandoned structures and remembered an old site I used to visit...

http://www.opacity.us/

Some of the coolest and creepiest shots of old psych wards and buildings I've ever seen...wish I had the guts to go explore myself!

Re: OT: Cool Shots of Urban Ruin

Wow, Very cool site. Thanks for sharing.

Yow, that reminds me of when I was young and above the law (go 17!) and would sneak into all these old buildings around Kalamazoo and photograph everything I'd find inside it. I still do that every now and again but for some odd reason the city or Pizer keeps tearing things down.

Thanks for the site. The only thing that gets me with these photos is the guys love for altering perspective and tweaking the contrast to very annoying levels. Still sick photos. I really dig the B&W stuff!

phil-

welcome to my life. i spend my free time chasing down and photographing abandoned mental health and retardation facilities across the northeast. well, any abandoned building will do...but dmh/dmr is my main interest. some people call it urban exploration...but my ears burn and my fists clench when I hear that silly mainstreaming term used.

my website is semi-down for clean-up, but got some stuff up for now...

www.old-fangled.net

i'm in boston too. if you actually want to go see a place in person you should go now...in todays world these historic places don't stick around forever...its a constant race against demolition.

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

hey michigan peeps! anyone ever go inside the old abandon hospital/ labotomy center? pretty neat. with the help of a friend you can crawl inbetween floors and drop out of the ceiling to explore. check out the tower! also we broke down a sealed wall to the ahem questionable areas. enjoy!

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

duh! its in three rivers michagain. oh yeah, also as a fucking STAPLE, ever go to purgatory michagan? lets hear some stories!

***Vanilla Thunder*** /

MICHIGAN I CAN SPELL YAY

this is also my "other" hobby.

Cleats Onionpockets /

I've been visiting that site for a year or so.....Motts is awesome.

Hey Vic, What is that picture of? Looks like a foundry.

I spend a lot of time taking pics of old buildings, mostly brick, for a small side business I have. Some of the brick and stonework is fantastic.

Awesome! Didn't know others were into it...

Vic, I didn't know you were into this. I used to do this when I lived in Connecticut.

« Go to Topic — end of thread