Re: master BOSTON moped ride, vol. II

rain is coming, but i think it shuould stay away until 8 or so.

I ride out rte 30 Comm Ave to where 128 crosses in Newton and take the back roads into Weston and through Lincoln to the Starbucks in Concord for a cookie all the time... thats where I was coming from the night I bent my forks!

Fuck...just looked at the weather. Rain is definitely coming. Sign of first drop and I have to split. No fenders = terrible, shitty-ass riding on wet surfaces. I'm here in Coolidge Corner...headed down in a few minutes.

Excited to meet the Beantown moped crew.

It's sunny and warm in Back Bay!

I'm heading home, then getting geared up to go...see everyone there!

Dammit I ran out of gas!!!! Then U all were gone. If only I knew were Jay lived. I hope their not still looking for me. It was fun thanks guys next time I will buy some gas. DOH! Josh aka "small black puch"

oh man we were wondering where you were!!! by aka small black puch do you mean aka short little seat for tall guy? no offense to the seat, it's adorable!

my moped just broke again on the way back i h8 life

nevermind. my headlight simply blew out, taking the speedo light with it. i pulled over in a gas station to check it out, and a rather fey gentleman in a fancy car with dreadlocks and a lisp pulled up to me and said, "hey, NICE bike." and then i said thanks, and then he drove about ten feet behind me and away and, while i was kneeling down fixing it, started shouting, "ASSSS crack. I can see yo ASSSSS crack!" over and over again, causing me to continue to h8 life.

sorry we ditched you, josh! we didnt even realize! this is why we should distribute all our phone numbers before our next ride!

Hey everyone, so bummed that I missed the ride tonight, my name is dave and I am a new blood. Can't wait for next week, hopefully! Did you guys end up meeting up at the otherside? Is this going to be an everyweek thing? So stoked to meet everyone. Hope everybody had fun!

david -

we will be there next week. you will recognize me as the bald guy complaining about my moped. incessantly.

hahaha, rad! I can't wait

Damn...sorry about that Josh! Check my old emails, my phone's on there - feel free to add me...everyone who has my old emails can use that just in case as well...

Jay! Don't sweat it - I'm definitely with you on the bike, but it's such a great looking piece of machinery. Maybe I'm biased since I'm dutch and all, but like I always said about my Magnum..."it aint fast, but it sure makes it look good!" Props for style any day...

David, feel free to join up; this will be a weekly thing to meet at the Otherside and ride out so definitely next week we'll be there. The time is going to change to 6:30 - 7:00 (I think right guys?) to allow commuters time to get there.

Props again to Jay M for suggesting the meet up! Looks like the Boston group is off to a good start for the summer...Everyone report in and let us know you made it home safe!

- P

david, i will be the one who is very tiny in your rearview mirror.

yeah you will know susan cause she is cute and the rest of us are ugly bastards

il be there you will here me coming

hey yall, it's mike, the one on the weirdly fast maxi.

me and SABAT! made it home fine, albeit my hand and wrist are soooooooo sore from yanking my throttle cable the entire way home. it was great meeting all you guys. and thanks again dan for helping me temporarily fix my ped. unfortunately i have to open at work next wednesday, but thanks to the adjusted meeting time, i might be able to make it.

im off to order a new throttle.

exactly, i noticed that this year, charged me 115 to register my new tomos. fucking sucks.

i told you i had some mix for anyone who needd it. haha

speak up!`~SABAT!

more pics!

clear skies!

should i post a new thread with these, so everyone can see how cool we are?

good times, nice meeting everyone~SABAT!

Re: more pics!

Dude i missed a ROCKIN good time.

I wanna check out that bear den thing!

Careful, looks like boston is getting a scene.

Welcome to the area with your scary fast bikes ben!

Re: more pics!

i know that thing was quick, i assume i was 2nd fastest, but everytime i found a chance to open up, he was passing me as soon as i got away from the pack.

Stay single, don't have kids... or grandkids

Shit. Shit. Shit. It looks as though you guys had a blast! Those must be the bear cages and Sabat made the trek from Franklin (wow). Shitdamnitfuck! Of course all hell had to break loose at home with the grandkids at around 5ish, hence preventing me from having a modicum of any life at all.

Great pix as is the custom. The peds look amazing and from the preliminary reports rolling in it sounded like you guys had a good ride. I can see Jay's Bat is not on fire or all char broiled at the rear axle - this is good too! Hopefully next time I ride too!

I'm still planning a cook out sometime in the next two months. I'll shoot some tentative dates out within a week or so.

Re: Stay single, don't have kids... or grandkids

would get a vacectimy right now if somone paid for it.

haha yeah, the ride wasent bad.1.5-2hours but yes it was very good. i can bring some more people next time, kevin driscal acctually showed up later that night to the other side, he missed out, but happen to be there on other buisness heh.

~SABAT!

Hey Mike!

Glad you made it home ok with that rigged throttle!

What an awesome ride!

It was great to see everyone again and some new faces too!... I'm glad we pressed on through that Sun shower and made it to the Bear cages!!

GREAT pics Jay!!

and Sabati too!

Totally awesome documentation that mopeding is alive and well in Boston!!!!

yeah, sure it's sore from yanking the "throttle" cable!

Yeah - yeah, everyone.

What a good time. Apologies for being Debbie Downer on wanting to leave the cages early....but man....that storm was looking mighty fierce. Didn't even lay a drop down.

Boston definitely has a scene and it's going to be a super rad summer.

I'm actually out of town for the next 2 weeks.....sailing to Bermuda. Tought life, no?

I'm all over Moped Wednesdays at The Otherside when I'm back. My girlfriend and I are moving to Coolidge Corner temporarily and then hopefully getting a place in Somerville somewhere.

Again - finally great to hook up with all you guys. More to come! I have this great vision of bombing by Fenway on a game day evening. That would be awesome.

gadamn! It looks like you guys had some fun! I'll be there next Wednesday with a non-leaking carb. Those are some fast looking bikes some of you have. I hope I can keep up!

don't worry, if you can't keep up they send sabat back after you!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account