Re: master BOSTON moped ride, vol. II

i will try to make it il work on my minarelli tomorrow morning cause i sure as hell dont want to ride my benelli down there it runs like shit and only goes like 20

AYEE

Celts up by 29 we're totally gonna do it. woooot

hey ben or daniel -

either of you guys have an extra moped my pal (a scooter and motorcyce/moped guy) can ride?

tim and i should both be ayes!

Are we on for tonight???

I'm seeing it's going to get a little wet, but if people are meeting then I'm going to be there! I took my car into work today, so it'll take me a bit to get home and get the ride up. I'll most likely be there by 6:15 - 6:30.

aye !

Barring any last minute break-downs, I'll be there.

really? it looks like it might hold off long enough. im checking the doppler right now.

Crap. I can't make it toay because my carb is leaking. I need to make a new float bowl gasket. I should be in good shape by next Wednesday though. Have fun today!

Jay,

Weather Underground:

Today Sunny this morning...then partly sunny with scattered showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Tonight Mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Patchy fog after midnight. Lows in the mid 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph in the evening. Chance of rain 40 percent.

Weather.com

Today Partly cloudy this morning. A few showers developing during the afternoon. Thunder possible. High 72F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%..

Tonight Cloudy with a few showers. Thunder possible. Low 56F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Thebostonchannel.com

Today partly sunny. Scattered showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Highs in the mid 70s. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Tonight mostly cloudy. Scattered showers and thunderstorms in the evening. Lows in the upper 50s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Gusts up to 20 mph in the evening. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Awesome, everyone. I'm there.

I'll bring both my peds....someone can ride my rigid. It's a little slow off the line...but once the pipe hits, hold on for dear life. 80cc Metra!

I'll ride my Moby.

I hope it doesn't rain. Neither bike has fenders. If it rains, or looks like rain is going to happen, I won't make it from Concord.

Otherwise, I know exactly where to meet everyone. See you guys there.

I'm guessing we'll have to play it by ear and see what 4:30 - 5:00 looks like. I'm really hoping the weather holds though...

unless its absolutely pouring, im going to be there. i dont want to stay home because of a ten minute new england downpour - but i also dont want to ride a moped through hard rain.

everyone should check out the radar on weather.com to get a good idea if/when any showers that might happen will move on.

im out for tonight gut too much shit to do and i have to go pick up 2 more bikes

1971 honda cb175 and a 1977 moby 50v and maybe a 1978 peugeot tsm if i can talk eddie into selling it to me

Speaking of, Jay B I'll have the Columbia at my house by the 4th of July...

Hey Jay...

I'm still getting the bugs outta my Sachs... the carb blew off this morning!

Im taking care of tha now but Im not sure I trust it yet for a ride... still breaking in the kit...

Im going to try to put it in shape for the ride... if I manage that my Magnum will be available but neither bikes are registered... that will happen later in the week...

Oooooooh....just realized, I chopped off the tail light from the rigid when I took off the fenders. Got a new one, but it's going to take a little fabbing to get going.

So, looks like it's just super Moby and me.

Sorry for the reneg on the loaner bike, everyone.

And - CELTS!!!!!! Man did we get fucked up last night. Smoked a fatty cigar for Red. C'mon....Lakers? 17th of June on a full moon? Getouttahere!

I'm so glad the finals are over...I was really getting tired of being up so late! Awesome game though, Kobe must have been in tears in the locker room hehehe

Just checked the Doppler, looks like there's a front is moving in from upstate NY down to NJ...NOAA's weather looks a little more promising though:

This Afternoon: Cloudy, with a high near 74. South wind between 11 and 13 mph.

Tonight: Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 9pm, then isolated showers between 9pm and 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 57. Southwest wind between 6 and 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Chance of precipitation is 20%.

The Wether is going to be FINE!!!

Chance of precipitation is 20%.

The Weather is going to be FINE!!!

B r e n d a n C a m p b e l l /

daniel, what happens if you don't register? do you get fined?

i actually went down to the rmv today because i was in the area and had my forms with me...but they wouldn't give me stickers because i didn't have a bill of sale and they couldn't charge me sales tax. i've read about people on here not needing anything and just taking the form in and getting the sticker.....is that not true?

when i said that i had no bill of sale and that i bought them a long time ago the lady just says, "you've got a problem"......thanks, lady.

now i know for next time to "get" my bill of sale.

yeah, just forge one. that what i did, but the lady didnt even ask me for one. make sure to write in, like, a dollar or something so you dont have to pay tax.

I went to the Watertown branch and just said that my uncle gave the bike to me, and behold! They just handed me the sticker...worth a try at another branch, because the most they could say is get that bill of sale, in which case Jay is right...make one up :D It helps to get someone else to sign it though, so it looks at least halfway decent that someone else gave it to you hehe

I went to the Wilmington branch. Handed over the moped registration form (didn't see any place to even put a price or any mention of a bill of sale) and my $40 and they gave me a sticker. I did, however, get asked if I was sure it wasn't a scooter...

B r e n d a n C a m p b e l l /

regardless of my registration situation, i will be down at the otherside at 6. at least for a little while.

Nice....I'm glad to hear that registering these things out here isn't an issue. I'm all over this when I get back to town in a few weeks.

As for tonight, I'm going to start the Moby, get the engine warm and keep it warm so it'll start when I get into town. I should be out there in time to see you guys and buzz around the city a bit.

This is going to be great. I'm totally pumped.

"I never pais excise or sales tax.. that must be something new theyve just cooked up to get into our pockets....

"Just write yourself a cheap bill of sale and that will do fine!

...about having it unregistered...for the most part Cambridge and Boston really doesn't care, but other towns (especially Arlington) just love to pull people over. Sleepy town cops pay attention since the action is low. One nightmare-ish tale was this one girl on another forum was riding through Arlington with a registered scooter, and got pulled over. Mind you, she did everything right and had it registered and the scoot was all stock, but she got busted for the following: Exceeding the speed limit, driving without a (proper) license, driving without insurance and having an improperly registered vehicle. I don’t even want to know what that all added up to but the officer was

Ive been riding for years unregistered and have never been stopped

hehe but Daniel, you also won't ride with me through Arlington to get to Concord because of registration! lol

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account