Re: master BOSTON moped ride, vol. II

sorry guys, i may not be able to make it on wednesday as i have to ride my moped out to mordor and cast it into the fires of mount doom.

no reason.

nice. what time, because i may be pedding up to new hampshire that morning, so if its during the evening i cant really do anything. id love to hit a rally on the way. anyone want to ped up to a house on a lake in NH and hang out with the bikers?

SABAT!

So tomorrow, are we going to meet at the Otherside? I'll be there if the weather holds, and I don't get a call from my brother who's in town...

Steve, this get-together will be after work, like 6 I'm guessing...

i lets make the meetup time between 6 and 6:30, and we'll depart a little after that.

i couldnt leave well enough alone last night at 1am, and drastically fucked my moped. but it should be running for the ride. just embarrassingly slowly. damnit,

What did you do??? You need help getting it fixed tonight?

grawwwr. Fucking rain messed my wiring and now i got rust crap all over everything and bad connections and sparks everywhere and backfires and shock when i touch my handle bars. Must solder new wires before 6 rawrg.

Where can I get those cheap copper wires that mopeds use? I went to ace and they didnt have anything except coax. sweet.

I dunno...maybe at microcenter in Cambridge? They don't have spools but they may have something that would work...maybe Home Depot?

dude spray wd 40 on it. point a fan at it, let it dry out, and ride. Fix it later lol

phil -

i tried to shave down my spare head to get more compression - didnt exactly work. then i stripped an engine stud swapping it out for the original, and had to do all this tap and die stuff to get it running right this morning, but i still seem to be losing compression somehow, as it just doesnt feel right. now im topping out at, like, 30-32, and low end is EVEN WORSE than before, which is hard to imagine.

i just cant leave well enough alone. sucks.

Dang, that's rough...not sure if I could be any help there, but let me know!

i hate moepds

maybe ill just ride my bat to make jay feel bad.

I'm out in Natick and certainly have heard from a number of people in Metrowest recently. Any one up for a ride this weekend? Maybe meeting in Natick Center on Saturday afternoon and heading out from there?

I'm out for this weekend, but still on for Wednesday...

jay...

I just got finished Pullin the head on my 80cc Athena kited Sachs G3 toptank... it stopped running so after pulling the head and the manifold I found a broken reedvalve which I replaced.... what a nightmare...

BUT when I put it back together it started right up on the first kick and its purring like a kitten now!

You are welcome to use it for the ride tomorrow... and help me break in the kit... its pretty much broken in as I was racing it the other night lol but I'd love to have you ride it tomorrow!

thanks daniel, but i like riding my own. maybe it will be running better tomorrow. i mean, its going 30, but it should be 35-40.

Craptastic...weatherscan said 30% chance of rain, so I rode to work. Fast forward - checking at work it says 60%...now it's a sheet of water out there and only an hour left at work! I never ever ride in the rain too! Well, at least I wrapped the engine, headlight/gauge and engine with bags after the first wave.

:sigh: New England meteorologists rock...the only job I know where you can be right 40% of the time and still get 100% of your pay.

my moped bag is currently strapped to my bike and NOT open. fuck.

damn.... i dunno, i think im gonna ride to new hampshire. i really want to go to this meet, but i know 2 other mopeds making the long haul to new hampshire tomorrow, we could stop on the way, but one is very afraid of riding during the night.

uhg you cant have everything.

anyone want to ride to New hampshire tomorrow night? that way id hang out.

just broke in the kit too.

~SABAT!

Wow can't believe there's so many pedders in boston. I live in lynn maybe I can make it over there. To bad this crappy weather is coming, maybe next time I'll see you guys!

It may hold...as long as what happened today doesn't happen tomorrow lol

yes, i vote for 6 at the otherside, just so i can figure out my plans!

me and tim should be there.

if the otherside doesn't work we can figure out something different for next time!

Yo....so where is this Otherside?

I know Boston pretty well. Just give me a general idea and I'll be there.

I'm coming on my Super Moby. Dan's magnum is running well enough to make it, but he's got a faculty party that he has to go to I guess.

Lame.

I'm definitely coming.

Some one please tell me how to get to the Otherside and I'll see you all there at 6pm tomorrow.

Cheers -

Ben

Oh....and if anyone wants to ride my 80cc rigid all I have to do is throw the rear tire on the 5 star rim I just got and it's good to go. Runs perfectly.

Holla at me!

ben! you are in boston now! sheila up at the top-ish of the thread is my sister who just started riding and has mobys and i was telling you about her at stinko.

ps. hi sheila!

6 o clock at the other side, all those going say AYE!

AYE!

ben -

the other side if at the corner of mass ave and newbury, right next to the entrance to the mass pike. its easy to see, and therell be a lot of people sitting out on the terrace eating and drinking. see you tomorrow! i'll be on the slow-as-fuck batavus that i hate/love.

B r e n d a n C a m p b e l l /

6 sounds awesome....i think i can make it for a couple....at least just to meet people, i may not be able to go on the ride....or at least not for long. i will be on a silver maxi-luxe. i hope to have my blue maxi going soon.

I'm glad you got thr Bat up and running... I thought you had rear axle problems!

Aye

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account