seized :(

I was riding on the way back hom last night about 1:30am to hear my engine bog out then to be thrown forward over the bars. turns out the oli line got kinked and made me seize 2 1/2 miles from my house.

Re: seized :(

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

ouch man. you ok?

Oil line got kinked? Doesn't sound possible unless you did some alterations .. and most mopeds would run freewheel even with a seized engine. I think you have an alternate problem.

Dude, I seriously hope you are ok, but oil line? Most of them come from the factory kinked. I bought 2 brand new STs, an '03 and an '05, oil lines were completely kinked on both of them out of the crate, both at the pump, and behind the flywheel cover. Fortunately, I only had a soft seize on the '03, and removed the crappy system from the '05 before starting it. The fact that you have an '08 tells me that Tomos has NOT improved these things. PLEASE, all Tomos owners with oil injection, get rid of it before it destroys your engine, and possibly injures you as well. Targapeds claimed experience with this system is the one in a million exception, not the rule. Peace. Jerry.

Chris Hernandez /

Is there a warranty on the new Tomos, check that before doing anything, if not, than get a kit and take out the injector and run pre-mix

im alright but my arms,side and chest are scratched to fuck. I dont know what happend. I had the right oil in it and everything. I checked under the seat to see that the oil line was cracked were it connects to the tank and was kinked in the shape of a Z. I always heard about taking the injector off but i enjoy not having to premix.

New tomos have a 6 month, xxxx mile warranty, call your local dealer and see what they can do for you.

yeah, I know its at the shop right now.

sux man.... oil line u say... maybe u should junk the system.

most peds lock up the rear wheel when they seize. ur lucky if they don't, the clutch doesn't disengage when the lock up instantly at speed.

Rider neglect is the kink

Lil MotoGuzzi Vert /

I just got that new Weezer album. It is awesome!! Anybody else heard it yet?

I always kept this thing in tip top shape. I've never let anyone ride it other thatn my self. Im completly stumped on how a screwed down oil tank moved around enough to kink the line and even crack or even get lacerated. When I checked out my moped( after seizing and waiting 3 hours in the hospital wiating room to get my wounds cleaned) oil was all over the side of the fucking thing.

Tomos makes a great moped, except for one thing, and unfortunately, you found it, the hard way. Peace. Jerry.

Glad to see you are alright. What I don't understand is how you got thrown over the bars. Did you hit a pothole while looking down at the engine wondering "what the fuck", or did you squeeze on the front brake too fast?

Boy, that sucks. I got rid of my injector because of all of the cons I had heard. You confirmed what they said. Too bad it was at your painful expense. get well quick. Russ

siezedbud, like locked up! it does just die on you...

dur da dur

brand new 2008 tomos, seized from crappy injector, obvious proof, causes accident resulting in damaged ped and bodily injury.

maybe targaped with shut the fuck up now that he realizes why so many of us encourage people to remove this system.

keep your oil injector

pros: you dont have to mix your gas

cons: very good chance you will fuck your bike and your body

take off your oil injector

pros: correct oil mixture which takes that out of the "what is wrong with my bike" equation oh yeah and NOT DYING.

cons: you have to get a little gas on your hands

targaped your ignorant mission to educate the world on the benefits of a shitty oil injector will do nothing but cause newbies who dont know any better to hurt themselves. and btw, when a tomos siezes, the rear wheel locks like any other automatic 2 speed motor. its fucking scary and dangerous. you of course would know this if you had any experience in the matter.

Yeah if a Tomos seizes while in first gear you will just coast to a safe stop, but in second the wheel will lock up. Notice when rolling down hills in second the engine spins up, and the lights will still work with the ignition off.

it wasnt the injector. It was the line that whent from my oil tank to the injector. The line was cracked at the spigot of the tank.

Well the thing is, the whole system is junk. The lines and the fittings are the most common problems, the actual injector itself is that fitting screwed into the intake manifold or carburetor. It has a spring loaded ball check valve in it, to prevent oil from draining back out of the line and back into the pump when the engine is off. It takes pressure from the pump to overcome the spring pressure, and force oil past the ball. These injectors have been known to plug up after the engine sits for a while without being run, it's a really tiny opening, like a carb jet, and oil can congeal in the injector, plugging it up, especially if you use regular premix oil in the tank instead of the thinner injector oil. When that happens, usually pressure from the pump will push the line off the injector or the pump. There have also been problems with cracked tanks, cracked caps, caps with no vent hole or a plugged vent hole, and cap gaskets that fall or get sucked down into the tank. The most reliable part of the system seems to be the pump itself, although pump seals have been known to fail, but then they go and connect it to the engine with a coupler that is very prone to wear and failure. And even if the system were well made, without all of the above problems, it still wouldn't work right. It's nothing but a simple pump connected to the end of the crankshaft, and runs at crankshaft speed. It does not take into account throttle position. So sometimes you would get to much oil, and sometimes you wouldn't get enough. Geez. A first grader should be able to design a system better than this. I'll just premix, and not have to worry about all that crap. Almost all peds from the '70s were premix, what's the big deal. If you don't want to premix, get a 4 stroke scooter. Peace. Jerry.

whoa dude chill.

i love that everyone gets all stirred up about tomos oil injection.

haha same here.

« Go to Topic — end of thread