movie moped spotting

me and my friend have made a habit of purposely going to movies that neither of us want to see, the other night we went and saw "you dont mess with the zohan" and although i slept through half of it, i did see a scene where "the zohan" is in some town, and in the background parked on the street is a Magnum MkII in front of a P-series vespa!

Re: movie moped spotting

In The jewel of the Nile the main characters Michael Douglas and Kathleen turner almost run over a guy on what looks like a moby while driving a jet though the desert.

þλ†Я¡¢k §¡§ΩИ /

of course spiderman and his puch in 1 and 3 i believe.

Checked the movie list here's one that not listed,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Dugan_Returns

If I remember right is a yellow honda pa50 11 at gets stolen early in the film.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

B r e n d a n C a m p b e l l /

one crazy summer

yeah. thats how the cop guy is introduced. stolen from the kids mom during his baseball game

Holy shit! I remember that bike in One Crazy Summer! Bobcat Goldthwait was riding around on it making engine noises and tire screeching noises with his mouth. Funny funny stuff.

There's "Son on the Pink Panther" . Clusso's( spelled wrong) son rode in on a solex

the owner of the video store in "Be kind Rewind" rides a moped i think. for a more recent movie relevance.

The two main characters in a Dutch movie I saw recently called "Grimm" rude a moped to Spain.

Amelie!!

Saw the Hulk last night, the first half hour of the movie was shot in Brazil, mopeds-a-plenty.

"Into The Wild" has a Moto Guzzi.

"War Games" with Matthew Broderick has a Vespa Grande.

Mr. Richard Dickrich /

Pretty sure I just saw a yellow hobbit in the background of a park scene in National Lampoons Family Vacation. Not prominent, but there.

ya in Family Vacation there are 2 in the park next to each other i couldnt tell what they were though

I watched Bottle Rocket last night and in one part Owen Wilson is riding this moped looking thing. one of those bikes where the body is just a large pipe shape. then someone makes fun of him for it. and it wont start...so I can only assume its a moped then.

Mr Bean!

1215647012_bean.jpg

rendition has lots of them.

there is a wiki with most of the moped moves listed, you guys should add the others in

That thing is hilarious in Bean.

The guy he takes it from, calmly walks him down and takes it back

Frostback Ditch /

Don't forget Get Smart with Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway. When they are in russia (I think thats right) they ditch the scooter they where on and steal a Ferrari. Right by the barn the ferrari is in, you see a couple mopeds leaning against the barn. I would have cried with sheer joy if they ditched the scoot for a moped.

Gullwing at Twilight

Has anyone seen the documentary on PBS called "Gullwing at Twilight: The Bonneville Ride of John Fitch"? In the first twenty minutes or half hour at most, they are showing some shot of vehicles being worked on at the various camps out on the Bonneville Salt Flats. There is about a three second shot of a red moped, possibly a Puch Maxi and it looks like its all rigged up with race stickers, etc. I don't know if the person was acually racing it out there or if it was their around-camp transportation but it looked pretty rad. If someone has it on DVD or DVR they should get a screen shot up on this thread. Maybe the person is even a member? Anyone know anything about this?

Re: Gullwing at Twilight

Hey, what about the moby with one spoke wheel and one mag wheel in Sahara? I'm pretty sure its shown twice, but its not supposed to be the same one, if you know what I'm saying.

Copyright 2005. So it was probably filmed 3 or 4 years ago. Red moped. Man I wish I had DVR.

Hot rod is all about a moped. I need to rewatch that and see what it is.

i saw a couple mopeds in this documentary

called 'Swarm and Destroy'. =]

the hot rod moped is a Tomos Sprint if i remember correctly. painted red with no decals.