MINT 1980 MAGNUM II>update

ok ok! i cannot get this unsiezed on the bike.

today i tried a impact gun, while hamming the piston, and that shit wont budge.

i am not gonna cut anything! i refuse!

so im dropping the engine to get more leverage.

any idea? any easy wat to cool the piston down? duster? spray it? i dunno

it just sucks the only rust on this thing is inside the cylinder!

Re: MINT 1980 MAGNUM II>update

oh and i think im gonna throw a stock A55 top end on it!

whatcha think about that?

~SABAT!

Poor a can of coke on the top of it , let it sit over night...I ve hear it works...thought it could be an old wise tale

We had the same problem with a old tomos that was sitting in the woods for years, the piston wasnt seized, but when I went to take the jug off, it was the same as yours. the cyl. studs were all worn down, and really really rusted. I would say try to spray WD-40 and Free all in the studs and all in the piston, and where the base gasket is.

good luck

James

the studs arnt frozen.

everything is kosher exept the piston is frozen inside the cylinder.

and in a terrible spot, i cant get the cylinder off.

i was however... able to get all the studs off, and expose the veins in the jug. been spraying WD-40 everywhere i can get for days.

A real penatrating oil like Seafoam, Deep Creep, or PB blaster will work its way in better that WD40. Can you get a pry bar in the exhaust port behind the piston? Once you get that bad boy in a vice, its done for, bust out the 5lb sledge and swing away.

I would say PB Blaster also (assuming it wasn't the first thing you tried)

PB Blaster>Rust

NEVER GIVE UP. YOU CAN DO IT SABAT, I HAVE FAITH.

(i cannot wait for your post of un seizing.)

get a big socket put it in the cylinder and beat on it with a hammer it will come out

no! that will destroy the piston and cylinder!

i have been using wood, im trying to fix things not break them beyond use.

PB blaster found at auto-stores? ACE maybe?

seems like its worth a try.

I would use PB Blaster too that stuff is the shit!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any auto parts store will have it and Ace should too.

take all the stud out, Not just one. then you can turn it a bit after its been sitting with some pb blaster that gravity will pull down. ( turn motor facing up ) then give it a twist.

Maitland Of the Loin /

the piston and cylinder are shot anyways, do what i did to a peugeot cylinder:

sawsall it outta there!

nah kid! this cylinder+ piston will run!

i dont know about the rings. hopefully!

but i want to do your set up in the end, so we must go out on a date over AIM somtime to go over rebuilding s ZA50..

how bout it?~SABAT!

my boyfriend totally had the same problem. he unstuck his after a lot of beers and about 8 hours i think. totally worth it though.

you saying you want me to twist the cylinder off the piston?

you dont think that will dammage the crank? i figured its gonna at least crack a ring that gets caught in one of the ports.

i will consider it.

right now heres a update.

dropped that shit!

hammered it for a while with no luck

now its soaking...

ahh the life of huffing WD-40.~SABAT!

get some pb blaster - best product ive ever used for anything ever. wd40 basically does nothing.

PB blaster is first on my to do list tomorrow!

yargh!~SABAT!

jack hammer! works everytime! :]

Maitland Of the Loin /

sure dude, im no chris paz but im farrr more comfortable in disassembling and reassembling and making them awesome than i was before

yo that bottom end is probably scrap it the top is stuck that bad, u should rebuild it. I bet there are some bust parts in there

*if the top end.....

Put the cylinder head, and cylinder head gasket back on the engine and put the washers on the stud bolts and put the nuts on the stud bolts, and cross torque them so they are all tight. Put on the intake manifold and intake manifold gasket,put the washers on the stud bolts and put the nuts on the stud bolts and tighten them, that is if this has been removed. Take PBlaster and spray it in the spark plug hole untill it is full, it will foam up, so let the foam die down so you can see how much liquid you have to make sure it is full and put the spark plug in the whole and tighten it after doing this. Spray PBlaster in the intake manifold untill it is full, use same method to make sure it is full like you did on the cylinder, then plug this off with something, maybe a cork or a stoper.Take the exhaust pipe off the muffler, make a mark where the spot is joined at so it put back together at the same spot when you are done. Put the gasket on the cylinder exhaust port and put on the exhaust pipe, the two washers, the two nuts, and tighten them down.Spray PBlaster in the exhaust pipe and make sure there is enough in there, but you will not have to get it full since you will let the engine soak in a position where the cylinder is pointing down, and plug the exhaust pipe with maybe cork or stoper. This soaking will take 3 weeks and at least once a week you need to check to see if the level of PBlaster needs to be refilled, it is best to check this daily. After 3 weeks get an old floor lamp that has the bulb that points up at the ceiling. This is the kind that has allumnum or maybe pot metal pieces that join the two or three metal tube together. Unscrew a section of this and leave on the allumnum or pot metal end and put that end in your cylinder after you take the head off. This lamp tube will be hit with a hammer to free your piston. You can use a hammer handle if you can find this floor light or anything else. That piston may have the rare L top piston ring and this procedure may help free it up if it is stuck on there.If it is stuck on there take the piston off the rod and put it in a small glass or metal jar or container with a lid to cover it after filling the jar or container with PBlaster and let it soak for 3 weeks, check the level of PBlaster every day to see if you need to add more PBlaster so it is kept full.

hum an e50 on that bitch.

take the old motor and put it back together, then keep pouring pb in it while its pointed up.

dont waste you summer frigging about with a frozen cylinder, especially when you dont know what kinda gremlins live in that lower end.

took it with a grain of salt!

thanks man~SABAT!

sorry im a huge fan of the ZA50.

eventually this shit must be rebuilt. i realize that, i just want to make it run first, the whole bike is prestine.

the crank seems fine, and im not ready to go anywhere near the transmission.

we'll see dude, youve rebuilt a ZA50?

KFC Kills Fucking Cowards /

marvel mystery oil owns

Dave Peterson /

I use a piece of a wooden baseball bat (cut down) to drive out pistons.

Skipjaz

wd40 will not be able to handle that dude. you need real penatrating oil and you need to let it sit for a week or you have no chance at all of saving the cylinder. your crank is prolly fucked already from the beating you have been giving it btw.

« Go to Topic — end of thread