Re: Tomos Biturbo

Ataristyle /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've gotten one for my '98 Tomos Targa LX. It was the best thing I could do for the bike. If you were to get one on your bike, I would recommend getting a larger jet in the carb. I replaced mine with a #56 jet. This uses more gas in the fuel to air mixture. The BiTurbo muffler isn't that loud. When I first got it, I never recieved a gasket with the muffler. I was too anxious to leave the muffler sit. I put it on and tightened the nuts up to hold it on. The nuts were not that tight because it was hard to turn w/ only one wrench. When I started the Moped up, it was the loudest thing I've heard. I was gonna take it for a cruise around the block at 10:30pm and it was way to loud to do so. By installing it with a gasket it was much softer. It is a little louder, but not much. When running w/out a gasket was like listening to those Import Cars running with those Coffee Can mufflers(not even considered a muffler). This muffler is a very big increase of power from the stock. I've put the Turbo muffler and bigger jet on my moped and was getting top speed of 38mph. I've put the bigger sprocket on my ped afterwards and it didn't do much for me. I was getting the same speed...but I have topped at 40mph if I was ducking down towards the moped...I've this moped had a bigger engine I would get more speed. Wish all streets were 30mph...then everyone at Moped Army and elsewhere wouldn't have to worry too much about making the moped faster. Hope this info helps you.

Swarm and Destroy!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Tomos BiturboTopic by: Armando Armando 12/29/00 09:09PM
  Re: Tomos BiturboRe: Tim Tim 12/30/00 01:40AM
  Re: Tomos BiturboRe: Ataristyle Ataristyle 12/30/00 01:49AM
  Re: Tomos BiturboRe: Armando Armando 12/30/00 07:53PM
  Re: Tomos BiturboRe: Armando Armando 12/30/00 07:53PM
  Re: Tomos BiturboRe: Ataristyle Ataristyle 12/31/00 10:37AM
  Re: Tomos BiturboRe: Joel Joel 12/31/00 03:29PM
  Re: Tomos BiturboRe: Ataristyle Ataristyle 01/01/01 01:23AM
  Re: Tomos BiturboRe: DOUG D DOUG D 01/01/01 08:26PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account