Blue Tomos A3 STOLEN - Pittsburgh, PA

I've been away from town for about 2 weeks due to a death in the family, and upon arriving home, discovered my ped had been stolen right out from the second floor rack in garage attached to my building.

There's only one way to get a moped out of the building, a security guard there, and cameras fixed on the entrance and exit, and the building manager told me they'd scan through their tapes.

It's a 1979 Tomos A3 like the picture attached, except without the black and red logo on the fuel tank, there's only a white tomos logo there.

I'll be scanning ebay and the buy/sell, but if anyone in the area sees anything, or hears of someone buying a cheap tomos, please let me know at palmier8034@duq.edu.

My apartment is at the corner of 5th Ave and Dithridge St. in Pittsburgh, PA. If you're in the East Liberty/Oakland/N. Craig area, be on the lookout.

I hate thieves.

-Bob Palmieri

1213366798_reddyenumber4_moped.jpg

Re: Blue Tomos A3 STOLEN - Pittsburgh, PA

I am sure that you have reported the theft to the police, right?

Yeah, I called it in to 911. The officer is on his way over to take a report.

sorry bob...this is a serious bummer.

I know, not to mention that due to my titling problems, the police are unable to file a missing vehicle report, since even though I paid for it and have the physical title, it's still registered to that dude from New Kensington.

(sigh)

If you hear about anything for sale within about 300 miles, I might make a road trip in the future.

dude, email me that dude from nuh kens info. ill find him. then maybe he can report it stolen, or something.

info mailed.

Hey Bob do a search on felonspy and see if the thief lives in your building_

http://www.felonspy.com/

Nope, thankfully, according to that site I only live next to murderers and rapists, not thieves.

Good luck,Hope you're moped turns out unharmed. I hope they find the fucker that took it and hang him up by his balls.

Dude, that site is screwed up...

That didn't work at all!

Apparently, all the felons in Pittsburgh are downtown.

Oh. Well... maybe that's right.

Still - one of them is listed as living in Point State Park! I mean...

Oh. Yes, possibly also right.

In general, I doubt that FelonSpy is going to help Bob out here.

Bob, do you want to downgrade to a Yamahopper? bottom of this page, titled and indestructible for $350, but I'd probably get distracted by all the bins of Triumph parts that this shop has.

NO! Yamahopper in PA = M Class license, motorcycle registration and insurance costs!

Man that sucks. Mine was stolen outside Boston a couple of weeks ago but I got it back last night. I reported it to the police but I also canvassed several neighborhoods with posters of the bike - putting them up in stores, handing them out, putting them on phone poles, etc. In the end it was the posters that worked. I offered $100 reward.

Re: felonspy

not very accurate though. it lists only something like 6 in my town, and i can think of at least half a dozen more not on there... and thats only the ones i KNOW about!

great idea, but...

It had already been stolen once before, but a $150 reward offer got me a call from the store it had been parked at when it was stolen and a sheepish admission by the clerk there that she might know a guy who knew a guy who had taken it.

Of course, this time, it was taken from a high floor of my own apartment building garage under the eyes of several security cameras, so no one to bribe with a reward.

I had a motorcycle stolen too, about 2.5 years ago, every time I pass one on the street, I check it out to see if it's mine. Sometimes I stop the car in the middle of busy traffic.

Stupid thieves.

Bob, Greg, you both recovered mopeds with a reward?

We don't need FelonSpy, we need MisdemeanorBikeTheftSpy. Use it to locate people who have either been caught stealing bikes, or who have ever claimed rewards on stolen bikes.

Ah, the internet, some stout walking shoes, a stick, and the joys of vigilantism.

Jeff, I thought that a Yamahopper was the same as an Express, just somehow even uglier. Does it have a gearbox or something?

expresses require class m, motorcycle reg and insurance, too.

Hey Bob are you still looking for your moped?

The identical moped is on the buy/sell page for 50 Bucks today in Pittsburgh.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/2/188868/188868/

no, bill has had that moped since last summer. i met him while it was running crappy at the wrench day.

Oh, Whew! thanks disregard.

yeah, i thought the same thing at first. haha. oh well.

Yeah, still looking for it, I got some e-mails about that listing, and I made a forum post and sent some e-mails to let everyone know it wasn't mine.

Thanks for keeping the search alive guys!

There's no way I would miss seeing that if I drove by it. If I see it, I will tackle the guy. What are the chances of three people in pgh with the same 79 tomos moped?

Apparently better than I thought two weeks ago =)

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account