Fatter Tires on Puch

I have a Pinto with 17" rims. The tires on it now are 17 X 2.25. I saw a 17X3.5 and a 17X4.5 available. JUst currious what you guys are putting on.

Re: Fatter Tires on Puch

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

I'm pretty sure I can guarantee that 3.5 and 4.5 will not fit on your Pinto. I think the most I'd go is 2.5, but some people squeeze 2.75s on them.

On a stock Pinto you'll only get a 2.5 to fit, anything bigger will rub the swing arm. This bike has a 2.5 rear, 2.25 front...

gazelles.

2.5s

Moped Game Sally Struthers /

i run a 2.75 on the back of my pinto, but i got a magnum swingarm. if you had the magnum swingarm and pulled the wheel all the way back, i bet you could get a 3.00 on there.

but why would you wanna do that? it just makes the bike hella heavy.

3" rear, 2.5 front, Gazelles on a Pinto w/magnum swing arm...

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

LOL...nice.

roberto, that clear flywheel cover is so freakin sick

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

I just put a 2.5 IRC on the back rim of my Pinto, and there's hardly any space at all (maybe a 1/16"?) between the tire and swingarm.

I can see how a Magnum swingarm would help, but I'm thinking about adding links to the drive chain since there's about a half inch space that I could pull the wheel back that a longer chain would allow.

~marc

« Go to Topic — end of thread