WikiWhat!!?

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

Anyone else notice how much better the wiki is organized these days. Like you can find things now.

Looks like mycider did a lot of work. Props!

Re: WikiWhat!!?

Linda rocks!

I used to think that the only articles in the wiki were linked on the main page. I was like, "These are nice, but there are SO many more articles people could put here!" Then one day, I was bored. I clicked on "Random Page." Guess what I found out? There ARE so many more articles on there! The goal was to make it so that people could find all those other really great articles more easily.

If anyone thinks I messed something up or has an idea on how I can improve it, let me know and I'll try to fix it/work on it. Also, if anyone has anything they want wikified, I can work on that too. I have a lot of spare time right now. (Although I will say that if I can figure it out, the rest of you should have no problems whatsoever. I discovered bold formatting here by accident, and I had to be told about flat view. I repeat: If I can figure it out, the rest of you can too.)

There are a ton more articles that people need to write, though. If anyone is interested, either work on fleshing out stub pages (I still need to go through and stubify a bunch of stuff) or the wanted pages (articles that people have linked to but don't exist yet). I also have my own special list of articles that I think should be added -- and at the top of that list is "E50." Someone who knows what they're talking about ought to get to work on that. I mean, come on ... no E50 article? This needs to be fixed.

I love you Linda.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Linda, you've made nearly 500 edits in like 3 days. I think we suffer from the same sickening wiki addiction. Very few people can tolerate making tedious minor edits to hundreds of pages at a time.

Can you speak French?

just wish people would use it instead of posting immediately. i think it would be nice to have our front page set up differently so newbies are directed to wiki with questions rather than immediately cluttering the forums with questions that have been asked 2896751223 times.

I made a lot of edits, but most of them just included adding [[Category: ______]] at the bottom of articles. Well, and a decent chunk of them are mess-ups or re-edits because I didn't use the preview button first. Doh!

Mike, I think you're right ... "addiction" is a good word to describe it. Is it bad that I can't quite bend my wrists or fingers properly anymore, but I still want to spend more time typing on the computer to fix or organize things? I think I've turned into a fiend.

(Nope, I don't speak French.)

I <3 you! You fixed the wiki so it doesn't move up anytime I click on anything. You're my hero Linda!

Eric

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

Damn. I was going to marry you. You had mopeds and wiki, but the French breaks it. Sorry! :P

Ohhhhh. I got home from work and now the wiki moves up again. That sucks. Thanks for reorganizing it though.

toe fur threadkiller /

linda! why do you rule so hard?!

p.s.

you should skip on wherever you're going and be at kcmo.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

If the wiki moves up on you it is because you are using Internet Explorer. Stop doing that.

« Go to Topic — end of thread