50cc with a 4 speed?

Brian J. Mader /

Does any moped company sell a 50cc with a 4 or 5 speed manual????

Re: 50cc with a 4 speed?

sach madass but it more scooter, mini motorcycle

George Smith /

most states require a moped to be a 1 or 2 speed automatic with a top speed of 20-30mph depending on your state..Some states are easier than others...

depends on what you call a moped, i guess. if you're going by what the fat dudes who make up laws say, then you could probably look around and find a madass somewhere, depending on your state of course. if you want an actual moped, you're out of luck.

sears allstate is 50cc 3 speed manual with pedals

harley davidson m50 also 50cc 3 speed manual and has pedals

both those bikes are pretty rare

honda ss50 had pedal option 50ss 4 stroke 4 speed manual

New Jersey law Says 49 cc Pedals top speed 25 I think And I just found out you can Tag a 49cc scooter as a motorcycle and you dont need a motorcycle endorcement on your license. as long as the bike or scooter is 49cc or less

The Honda MB5 is 50cc and a 5 speed manual.

I think they made a chappy with a four speed manual, but I think the cc's were above 50.

Kreidler made tons of them...

put a 50cc cub top end on a 110 super cub and vol la 4 speed 50 cc

btw, none of the companies are selling these bikes, like you originally asked. there has been many made in the past, but that's not really what you were asking.

PUCH MONZA an MS50

they might of been a 3 speed tho.

minarelli p6 is a 50cc 6 speed with crank shaft pedals.

RC Moto's Model M is a 50cc 4-speed manual:

http://rcmoto.com/model-m.htm

Other companies sell these on Ebay as well

Cleats Onionpockets /

I'm building one right now....maxi frame, 4 speed kick start foot shift monza engine, magnum cylinder, indian mags baby!

Frostback Ditch /

Don't forget the 70's Malaguti commuter with a 3 speed manual, no peddles though :(

I really really really want a new Streetmate R with a 4 or 5 speed manual, and a clutch. Peace. Jerry.

I love the idea of a 5 speed manual streetmate with a little less resrtiction.

Really, what's the reasoning behind "having to be automatic". Are moped riders not able to comprehend the shifting process?

Maitland Of the Loin /

because if they had a 4 or 5 speed engine that they had to limit to 30mph tops, the first couple gaars would be unuseable

I see, but you think a 3 speed at least. And manual. Even a two speed manual would be handy. In a perfect world I guess.

i think the whole point of that is that if a moped is much more complicated than a bike, theyd want you to have proper training beforehand so you're not trying to do 3 things at once when you've never ridden a motorized bike before.

what i'm wondering is: how do you shift on a moped? i ride my MB5 daily, i know how to SHIFT, but my feet are on pegs. how do you shift with your feet on pedals? do you have to keep them in a certain position to reach the shift lever?

Humm, good point. Talk about not seeing the forest from the trees. Guess it would have to be a noped, or a motorcyle.

It's kind of like when I was building a motorized bike, but figured I could improve it by all kinds of modifications, but by the time I got it all figured out I ended up with a moped. Well, something not as good as a moped.

Sometines it's best to leave a pretty good thing alone.

i had this crazy chinese motor austrailian made bike, the fourspeed made it require insurace so i sold it but it was 4 speeds all down 4srtoke motor got over 150 mpg, search for pagsta and longbow

I have a Negrini with a 3 Speed manual shift. It uses a twisting shifter and clutch on the left handle bar grip.

« Go to Topic — end of thread