Re: Motobecane 7

dariuskyne /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

not particularly helpful zeke...

a stator coil could be either the lighting coil ( the coil that supplys power to the lights and accessories of your moped), or the ignition coil (the primnary coil that sends electricity to the high tension exerior coil which in turn fires your spark plug); if you're lucky, it's neither of those coils, and the one needed is actually the high tension coil (the one that's not inside the engine), best thing to do is to do a little searching and find a motobecane manual (there are a few places that have them online i can't think of any off the top of my head, since i don't have a motobecane), i know they're out there on a few websites without buying one, personally if you do find one for your specific model, i'd say buy it anyway it's nicer to have a good copy of a manual in front of you rather than constantly checking your computer, or trying to read someone's photocopy) alternatively you could repost these same questions in the repair forum on this website...

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.