True Grits...

So the RD60 is gone. Painful as it was to load it in the guys truck I did manage to make a new friend and have a really long conversation. Turns out this older fellow has been involved with the AMA,AHRMA and WERA vintage road racing for many years. We talked about his race bikes ( Bridgestone 175, Yamaha CT1, etc ) and the constant cross country travelling he does throughout the year for races.

Which brings me to the point as to why he bought my Yamaha. I had heard of this 50cc race a few years back but never paid it much attention. Figured it was just a bunch of guys goofing around on Honda monkey bikes or something. Although it has a good time feel to it my new friend tells me that there's some serious machinery brought to this thing. MB5's, NS1's, Tz's as well as vintage road bikes, scooters and indeed mopeds. Anything street legal (and apparently a few that are not).

Knowing that my little RD will be tearing up the Georgia highways in the hands of a veteran road racer makes me feel just a little bit better about selling it ( and a tad bit of jealousy maybe? ). Who knows maybe he'll win...that motor has massive potential. Anyways...As of now I'm putting my eye on next year. Maybe I can cobble together this mythical machine that keeps me awake at night.

If you have the ability and urge to scrape around the North Georgia hills as the leaves change whip out your ped or anything else of 50cc that you have in the closet and check into these sites...

http://www.champsclock.com/50cc.htm

http://WWW.TWOWHEELSONLY.COM/

Re: True Grits...

I wish I could go that looks like alot of fun

iirc that gathering is big with the MRA, so watch your ass

Yeah, this is the Georgia race I was telling you about whose name I couldn't recall. I'm very seriously considering heading up there with my MB5.

Steve...I'd consider riding a ped or piloting your support vehicle. You've got a few months too get ready too.

Screw the MRA...In true southern style I'll re-mount my gun rack and whip out the Red Man.

I'm diggin that idea.

The bike is ready to go, all I would do is switch the jetting.

We'll have to make a decision so we can pre-register, I saw they have a rider limit.

Bump. 3 months to go yallllllllll!

Oh snap. This is in Georgia. I'm definitely going to check this out! My little noped is 72cc though :( A little too big. I need to get me a 50 to tear up on.

I ran the True Grits last year and plan to do it again this year. There was a crew of Swoops there as well.

It is a blast. 65 miles of twisty turns thru the North Georgia mountains. You can run the 72 cc just fine. In fact, you may want that for some of the mountain climbs. There will be some larger bikes there.

Have you uploaded the pictures or video anywhere, yet!?

5 Strings Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I ran the True Grits last year and plan to do it

> again this year. There was a crew of Swoops there

> as well.

>

> It is a blast. 65 miles of twisty turns thru the

> North Georgia mountains. You can run the 72 cc

> just fine. In fact, you may want that for some of

> the mountain climbs. There will be some larger

> bikes there.

Sweet! I'll try to make it! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Cool dudes show up the night before to camp at Two Wheels of Suches. Hang with older fellows that share expensive liquor and cheap beer. Bring really warm clothing or prepare to sleep in the bathroom like I did.

« Go to Topic — end of thread