I seriously just had a sterotype transaction.

Yesterday I bought a trashed 99 targa lx from a frat boy. Seriously, a targa lx from a frat boy, and he had trashed it. Seriously, that is soooo exactly what I would expect. I called an add from Dregs List about an FA50 and another dude on this sight had already snapped it up so I was like ok whatevs. Then the frat boy calls me back like "oh my frat brother wants to sell another junker, it totally looks like a little motorcycle!" So I pretty much assumed that it was an LX, which it was, I show up and the breaks are seized, two turn signals are hanging by the wires and it looks like it spent a couple winters in a couple snow banks. Whatever, it started up and ran for a little bit but shut off and it had a title so I was like ok 140 sounds cool. Not the best deal ever, but it was straight. Anyway I get it home, free the breaks, clean the carb, and change the tranny oil, and now it runs and drives just fine. It even had most of a biturbo already on it! All i had to do was make a cap and stuff some steel wool into it.

Re: I seriously just had a sterotype transaction.

thats a deal.

shitty people suck. tomos mopeds rule tho.

we are about to see a LOT of this guys. people have been buying new tomos left and right. every shop in az is sold out. gas prices and such.

humm trashed LX......andther trashed lx.........hum you shoping in New jersey? did he said they go 50 stock? lol nice swap though save the mopeds!

humm trashed LX......another trashed lx.........hum you shoping in New jersey? did he said they go 50 stock? lol nice swap though save the mopeds!

please excuse type-os in previous entry

sweet deal.

I agree, Harold. I think we're going to see a lot of trashed tomos up for sale, as well as a lot of seized kits as people come on here, see that people are kitting, and try to do so themselves without first learning how their shit works.

yeah, then when something breaks that isnt under warranty and it wont drive they will sell em!

seattle mopeds had one ST left today, i guess they are getting more in, but no pedals till tomos makes more. sellin' like hotcakes!

yeah i cant wait to get my hands on a bunch of junker a55 engines

shame about the bikes getting trashed in the first place, but that way i dont feel so bad about ripping them apart.

So what? Frat bro is still a bro man!

really really looking forward to cheap a55 parts soon. forks, wheels, motors, lights, all of these things will be available for your puch soon!

dude what a deal,That freaking Bi turbo costs close to 100 bucks.Sounds like it just needs a little fixing and it will be back on the road.

It is on the road already, but maybe shouldn't be. In between tornado sirens today I was riding it around. 3 electrical taped turn signal boxes, I have no idea how the lens all survived, 2 jimmy jigged brake cables that both spun and snapped when I freed the brakes, 2 shocks in the back bent, like BAD. Either this guy lost like 2 hundred pounds in the past year or someone road it off of like a roof. But yeah, it drives good, speedo cable is jacked, so I have no idea how fast it goes, but I will find out tamary with a chase car. I'm guessing mid - high thirties. Well, I'm hoping at least.

I also am looking forward to getting my hands on an a55. I have heard everyone say how fast they are after the cat is removed and a couple other things done to them.

« Go to Topic — end of thread