What's the differencence?

FAtmike b. /

"ey,<p> i was reading. i'm new to the moped, scooter's and the whole thing....i think they are great but i was wondering what is the actual difference between a moped, a scooter, or any moterized 2 wheel viches...i was wondering this so i could find out the laws in me area. <br> Th

Re: What's the differencence?

"Well Mopeds are from the concept of an actual bicycle. It is a bike that is modified w. better brakes and an engine with lights.<p>Scooters are allitle different then mopeds because they run with batteries(i have a moped with a battery..there are exceptions). They dont have pedals and starts with an electric starter.<p>There are now electric motorized bikes, but they only can hit around 15 mph...if that.<p>mopeds are cheaper and in my opinion allitle slower than scooters.<p>"

"Okay so moped's have pedals just like a bicyle.<br> so does that mean that i have a scooter.<br> it doesn't have pedals....it goes about 40 mph, has a battery, an engie, lights. so is that?<br>"

Yeah its a Scooter

Yeah...it sounds like a scooter!

Re: Yeah its a Scooter

Darth spice /

: Yeah...it sounds like a scooter!<p>It probably depends on whether or not <br>you mean the legal definiton of a moped<br>(whether or not you can get one of those<br>little stickers instead of a liscense plate<br>that let you drive it around w/o a helmet<

": Okay so moped's have pedals just like a bicyle.<br>: so does that mean that i have a scooter.<br>: it doesn't have pedals....it goes about 40 mph, has a battery, an engie, lights. so is that?<p><br>I have a moped, but it doesn't have pedals or a battery. Here in Indiana, a scooter is 50cc's with a foot platform. A moped is 50cc's without a foot platform. A motorized bicycle doesn't go over 15 mph."

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account