removing factory decals

i'm about to totally redo my express, but i want to remove the factory decals (along with the stickers i've put on) easily and cleanly. whats the best way to do this?

Re: removing factory decals

One way that will work is purchase a can of air that is used to clean computers/keyboards etc. Turn the can upside down and spray the decal. It'll freeze it off. Just grab a corner of the decal while spraying and gently pull it off.

I use this method to remove mylar from pinball machine playfields and it works great.

interesting, i probably have some of that stuff lying around. thanks for the tip!

also dk if this would work on a moped but if your really careful you could use rubbing alcohol and a razor. careful not to scratch it though.

I usually recommend a heat source to make the sticker stretchy, so it will peel off instead of break into little pieces.

thanks guys, we'll see how this turns out. the sticker on my express seems to be made of some metallic material or something, hopefully it comes off cleanly...

at my work, for the removal of dealership stickers and other vinyl stickers, we use heat lamps, or heat guns (oversized hairdryers) and then clean the glue off using a solvent like acrysol; rubbing alcohol would probably work fine, stay away from thinner unless you're re-surfacing the paint or totally re-painting...

« Go to Topic — end of thread