how do you replace tires and tubes?

someone messed up my tires. whenever i fill air into them it releases from the hole the nose comes out of. can i get the tires replaced at a bicycle shop? how much would it cost? also, can i use my same rims?

Re: how do you replace tires and tubes?

They may be able to do it at a bicycle shop, if they have the right size tires and tubes, if not, get the tires and tubes from a moped shop, and go to Wal Mart and get some tire irons, in the bicycle acc. section, follow the directions on the package, its a simple process, maybe 5 minutes per wheel. Your rims should be fine unless the are bent.

hmmm. what exactly are tire irons?

They go between the rim and the tire and act as a lever to get the tire out from the inside of the rim.

Did you try and tighten the valves ? Or even buy new valves. If the air is coming out of the stem then maybe the valves are loose in the stems. There's a little cap you can buy at a bike shop to tighten them up. Try that first. Tire irons are small pry bars to 'pry ' the tire off. bruce

super easy thing.

all bike shops could do it, if you are worried they don't have your tire, get one first at Walmart or something.

THey shouldn't charge you more than $10 for tube.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account