Zen & The Art Of Moped Maintenance

i was just out getting my daily fix on my ped, and i got to thinking. what is the coolest thing about mopeds. is it the fact that everyone can hear you coming from a mile away. is it the fact that at 30 mph hour you see so much more. is it because i am vintage, and rebuilt my bike with no help (99% of americans can't do shit for themselves). and then i realized that that is it. mopeding is more than just riding a 2 stroke around. it builds self confidence, guidance, and independence. it gives you life lessons that are very difficult to learn elsewhere. i love my mopeds and they love me (even though they break down every 2 weeks). give me a few thoughts on the philosophy of pedding

Cheers!

Re: Zen & The Art Of Moped Maintenance

pretty sure you're lame...

and i'm pretty sure you're too feeble minded to grasp something of this caliber. go play with your top tank.

zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance is a great book and totally relevant to mopeders.

yeah. that book is sick. and i agree with you on the general subject.

for me it has added to my own teenage independence,along with music, and generally being a punk. it was a productive way to lash out at school, reason to be late, and walk around with a helmet on. it made me feel smart, and mechanicly inclined, also somthing decent to talk about with teacher and people.

i didnt do it to be noticed, but mopeds are the most obviouse, loudest and coolest things ever.

~SABAT!

insult?

you referred to yourself as 'vintage'

and managed to squeeze in the fact that you rebuilt a moped

WITH NO HELP

lame.

I agree with the vintage part.I love owning something so old,even if doesn't run.

Once it does it will be even more awesome.

Wrench Wrench Wrench ...

Yea Nickerbocker, you can identify with Sabat!, Teenage independance.. Thats it....... Oh no wait, your nearing 30, I forgot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!! Thats Funny!!!

pffff.

not that there is anything wrong with teenage independance, Im just having a stab at my friend. I think what you said was cool Sabat, im just teasing Nickerbocker.

i hate you steve. hey we have a gang fight coming up. we're meeting at the flag pole at 3:00. you in?

Alright, Im in. Im gona take my chain off my bike, and wrap it around my fist to punch people with.

I was thinking I would Pop my Collar too, but then I realized that I dont even own a shirt with a collar.

Thats not true, I have a couple. I even have to wear them sometimes now that im becoming a bussiness man and all.

Edward Richardson /

Well of course he can identify, theres the book, theres memory of being a teenager, ( Linear time measurement is only one of the many ways to perceive existence, thank you very much, and not a very good one at that, too much waiting about for my taste.)

but!

does anyone want this tatoo as bad as i do?

killer awesome ive drawn this out like 9 times.

~SABAT!

I like mopeds because they're part of a truly self-sustainable lifestyle. Some jackass in a Prius may be less dependent on oil, but they're making themselves even more dependent on the same auto manufacturers.

a pawn shop salesman doesn't count. by the way, have you had any peds come through the shop lately.

do you know how much oil is used to manufacture a hybrid?

it almost outweighs the efficency compared to a used car. a 1991 geo metro at that.

I used to drive a 96 metro... best damn car I ever had.

i'll bet you did

mines a 3 cylinder 1000cc suzuki motorcycle engine, paired with a 5 speed manual. i treat it like shit too! haha, god damn it i cant afford car insurance.

like 1638 per year.

Back in like 98 when gas was dipping below a dollar a gallon I used to make a fortune by always offering to drive so long as everyone gave me a couple dollars for gas.

The Aveo is a tampon. I want the Metro back.

« Go to Topic — end of thread