VIN number on a 1978 free spirit

I'm about to register my free spirit and im trying to decide on what to list as the VIN. Any thoughts?

is it 501430 or 8501430? anybody have some VINS of that year to compare it to? maybe free spirits only have 6 digit vins or something..thanks

Re: VIN number on a 1978 free spirit

It should be stamped on the frame

id say 85?

id say 35

wow sorry about the gigantorific pic..ok heres another shot. thanks for the tip about the frame..im going to go investigate and see if i can find it.

"vin mystery 2":http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/575/img8341nm8.jpg

I vote 85, but it's really hard to tell. If you're wondering, I think most (all? some?) mopeds made before 1980 had 7-digit VINs. My '78 Kromag has a 7-digit all-number VIN, just like yours. I don't know if they had a numbering system that went up or down logically as time progressed, but mine's VIN starts with 3. If they did have some sort of logical, chronological ordering to the numbers, yours probably starts with a 3 too since they were made in the same year.

Dude, thats definitely a three.

looks like a 3 somebody tried to make into an 8 after they stole it

looks like a 6 or 8 to me.

§ćŗάτçλmªřċ • /

I just checked my '78 Free Spirit VIN and it begins with a 3.

~marc

) Cupermcnewbster ( /

check your motor, if its original it should have the same number. Also the frame. Looks like a 3 though.

« Go to Topic — end of thread