Turn signals?

okay so there are no turn signals on my 1980 puch maxi. bummer. should i buy some? and its 6volt so it should be hard to find them. i realllly dont wanna use hand signals. haha.

Re: Turn signals?

The flasher strikes again /

Not many people would know what hand signals are anyway .. this younger generations you know .. but there are combo brake light with turn signal lights available as one unit .. I saw one at Canadian Tire .. voltage might be a problem though with your six volts.

learn hand signals.

Blinkers kinda suck!

Zack Rineer /

I have some from my puch magnum that I might sell here soon.. I am going to get it running first and test them to see if they work..

who doesn't know hand signals?

Dean, its almost spark o'clock!

it's past sparks o clock, man

Nobody I know knows how to use hand signals, or what they mean. I didn't until I looked it up. My Puch doesn't have turn signals or a brake light. I only use the hand signal for a left turn. You don't really need anything else most of the time. Ride aggressively, and be aware of what is going on around you. I haven't had any problems yet. I got so good at it, that I traded in a real nice Tomos with turn signals, for a brand new Tomos, without turn signals. Still haven't had any problems. Peace. Jerry.

huh, i always figured hand signals were common knowledge. i had to know them to get my license.

just point where you are going, and look to make sure cars see you and understand what you're doing.

almost everyone in Minnesota!

Your best bet is to try and find a set of cat-eye aftermarket turn signals, these are old and some what hard to come by, and even harder to get one with a working batt, watch e-bay and maybe post on buy sell fourum here?

We might know hand signals, Tony, but most drivers don't know them .. they'll think you're trying to signal to Martians.

turn lights mandatory in ..

Turn signal lights are law on mopeds in most or all parts of Canada. U.S. riders without lights will probably be told to turn around and go home, or go to the nearest Canadian Tire store.

Re: turn lights mandatory in ..

theyre required now, but old mopeds that didnt come with them when they were new dont need signals. Theyre grandfathered in. Its probably the same way in Canada.

Organic Farmer I'm Not /

In Ontario most municipalities enforce a $100 fine for not having a bell on a bicycle, so I don't think they're going easy on motor vehicles without proper lights of every kind. Canada's lawmakers are mostly British ancestry .. very stiff .. hang children for stealing bread, that sort of thing .. well, that was in the old days.

Here in mass the first thing the cop asks you to do for you license test is hand signals... so around here people know them. but they are kind of annoying sometimes when you are hauling ass into a turn, jammin on the front brake, and trying to signal what you're doing to people who probably aren't looking at you anyway.

haha yeah i might get some in the middle of the season. but anyone know where i could get some for cheap?

don't die, crash or burn /

I've found sometimes that you get what you pay for, other times you get more, other times less . . but especially with electrical things I buy good quality where available . especailly on a moped which is out in the weather a lot. No idea where you can buy cheap, though.

« Go to Topic — end of thread