cent clutch springs ?... Where they iz at ?

Where I find these?

.. maybe the scooter riders here know of a good source for different 'weight' centrifugal clutch springs ?

One of the scooter shops?

Which one ?

Do they list them by size ?.. (length , diameter, 'weight' ?)

I am going to try the hardware store first I guess.

... the ones I have are about 30mm long by 10mm dia.

Re: cent clutch springs ?... Where they iz at ?

david f martin /

ScooterTherapy.com and VTCycles.com are the best two scooter shops I've seen so far. I've had my clutch drum off before, but I can't remember what the springs looked like...

Which one of your bikes are they for?

david

they're for the PA50 .. I want to 'up' my engagement speed to work the 'bog' out of my 0 to 13 mph.

As it is I think it engages at 1200rpm or something... your Elite probably engages at 2000 or 2500 rpm .. (nearly twice as much HP there)

That Aprilia I rode with ?... man... musta been at 4000rpm at least.

Thats why he smokes me out of the hole.

I went to the hardware store... they were either too big or too small.. (it can never be easy).

As an example... my FA doesn't come to full engagement till 14 mph .. till then the motor is spinning faster than clutch 'outer'.

david f martin /

Could they be cut? Do you have any spares to play with?

david

I suppose if they were accessible as a 'field repair' ... I might fiddle and try a tweak .. but since I really don't want to carry those tools (and spare springs) .. all the time .. I'd rather not.

I have considered lightening the shoes with an accurately drilled hole in all three .. but if I can find springs.. thats the way to go.

I found some springs that would have been perfect except they were abt 3/16ths too long.

I am burning a nice evening for a ride.. gonna go for a putt.

Have to wear long pants now ... gettin cool now with the 30mph wind chill.

chuck russo va /

fread maybe u can heat the spring up so there not as strong

david f martin /

I think he actually needs stiffer springs, so the clutch will engage at a higher engine rpm.

david

chuck russo va /

oh ok n/m then

david f martin /

Lightening up the shoes might work, too. I guess trying that would depend on what's cheaper/easier to replace, if it didn't work out...

david

IBM Selectric.

Reeperette /

I robbed a couple from old typewriters here and there, but unlikely to find one of those so easy any more.

I would definately ask the guys at 50cc.nl what they have for clutch springs, tho.

-R

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account