LED Lights

I thought there was talk here a while back about LED lights from www.superbrightleds.com, but I emailed them and they said they are only for 12V DC. Has anybody tried them on a moped? I want to find longer-lasting lights for my Tomos LX. It's the headlight and instrument panel lights that burn out quickly.

LED Lights

Heres a video I made of my lighting setup. My tail light isnt from superbrightleds.com but its basically the same setup they sell, trailer brake, turn, tail light. The light in my speedometer is just a white led from radio shack that I wired up with a resister in the speedometer lightbulb casing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en"></param><embed src="

&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Re: LED Lights

wow badass speed housing man!

Thanks! I made the face out of some sheet aluminum i found and the sheet metal box on the bottom of it that houses the wiring and speedometer body is a "project box" from radio shack. I was trying to go for the race car dash look, functional but extremely simple.

OK, I'll have to order one and give it a try. They have a dual contact 1157 (or is it 1156?) with an array of 30 LED's. I want something that I can put into the headlight that will last longer than the stock eurobulbs.

Dustin, are you running a 6 or 12v system and can you tell us me/us about the set-up you did with the Radio Shaft stuff, the tail light, what parts, part nos., etc.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=OTHER

They have 1156 and 1157 6v bulbs on this page. I've been using them on one of my puchs and they work awesome! The only problem is that they don't fit behind the stock taillight lens, so I've been running without it.

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

What do the stock puch tail and headlights take? The 1156 and 1157 look so close that I don't want to guess...

I can remake LED modules to use AC

Newer Tomos's, I just recently learned, use a 12v lighting system. So unfortunately my setup wont work as well on the older 6v systems. As far as the led in my speedometer, I think that would work just fine on a 6v system. To make it I did something similar to this : http://www.nifty-stuff.com/pr-led.php

Oh yea, I got my taillight from an Advanced Auto Parts store but it is basically the same thing as one of these http://www.superbrightleds.com/truck_lights.htm

I.R.E. Mike Pee /

So...which size bulbs fit puchs?

How do you remake DC modules to use AC?

Put a bridge rectifier (set of 4 diodes) inbetween the AC source and the DC LED circuit. I did this with the Autozone bulbs. Later I put the diodes in the taillight base instead.

You can just hit LED's with AC and they will light up, but you'll get brighter output and better reliability by rectifying the power first.

« Go to Topic — end of thread